PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Town Hall Q&A

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Town Hall Q&A

Postby mtrout » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:38 pm

feelan wrote:
LA_Mustang wrote:@SMUBasketball has been stuck at around 13.2k followers for the past two years. When Dixon was hired at TCU we had more followers than @TCUBasketball. Now they have 23.5k. @CoachJankSMU has 2.3k followers and his last tweet was made on 9/29/16. Jamie Dixon has 18.2k followers and his last tweet was Monday encouraging the students to show up and be loud for their big game against Kansas. These things matter and Jank doesn’t get it, or care.

What I don't understand is, how can they not hire some intern or low paid employee to basically run the social media accounts? Seems like a pretty easy problem to solve.

I'm sure a student would do it for free if you asked them nicely.
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby ponyscott » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:37 am

And for all of those who priced me out I snuck into those empty seats PonyScott style the other day for 40 bucks. Bought a few beers and then got booted the last 4 minutes of the game because someone came in late .

Moved back to the seats I paid for on the floor for 40 bucks.

I've said it before but when it was big time like you say I couldn't believe I was at an SMU event - so yes I will admit it was great I don't think it'll ever be that way again . Glad I got a taste of the real thing as short lived as it was[/quote]

Ha ha...fake it til you make it.
ponyscott
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby One Trick Pony » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:12 pm

[/quote]

Ha ha...fake it til you make it.[/quote]

Ha ha ha

Seriously though those seats We've bought on stub hub In the front row emulate a close experience to actual floor seats and there about $12000 less .
One Trick Pony

Postby ponyscott » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:59 pm

One Trick Pony wrote:

Ha ha...fake it til you make it.[/quote]

Ha ha ha

Seriously though those seats We've bought on stub hub In the front row emulate a close experience to actual floor seats and there about $12000 less .[/quote]

I know I bought mine for $30 each for that game ......front row!
ponyscott

Postby One Trick Pony » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:59 pm

ponyscott wrote:
One Trick Pony wrote:

Ha ha...fake it til you make it.

Ha ha ha

Seriously though those seats We've bought on stub hub In the front row emulate a close experience to actual floor seats and there about $12000 less .[/quote]

I know I bought mine for $30 each for that game ......front row![/quote]His name's on the ticket do you know him?
One Trick Pony

Postby ponyscott » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:15 pm

His name's on the ticket do you know him?[/quote]

Nope.
ponyscott

Previous

Return to Basketball