PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Another Re-seat?

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Another Re-seat?

Postby sacklunch » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:52 am

Given the disdain for Jank, the athletic department could probably raise enough money through a re-seat if the proceeds went to buying out Jank's contract.

I'd re-purchase season tickets and increase my donation if it meant Jank was gone.
sacklunch
Varsity

Re: Another Re-seat?

Postby Mustangsabu » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:04 am

Would you really pay money for the people that have overseen Jank's destruction of the program to fire him and pick his successor. From HMX's thread it appears that no-one in the basketball business thought Jank was the man to succeed at SMU and yet we brought him here and have given him a fat contract that we will struggle to get out of.

Jank is a symptom. The administration is the disease.
Mustangs Abu!
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby redpony » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:54 am

Mustangsabu wrote: Jank is a symptom. The administration is the disease.

Boy you hit the nail on the head with that one.
If Jank is not gone at the end of the season then the re-seat should be removing 3000 seats from Moody so it won't look so empty next year.
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:26 am

Mustangsabu wrote:Would you really pay money for the people that have overseen Jank's destruction of the program to fire him and pick his successor. From HMX's thread it appears that no-one in the basketball business thought Jank was the man to succeed at SMU and yet we brought him here and have given him a fat contract that we will struggle to get out of.

Jank is a symptom. The administration is the disease.

Wow I never thought I would say this but I agree with you. :D
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Pony ^ » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:32 am

Fire Hart. Fire Jank.
Pony ^

Postby redpony » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:46 am

Pony ^ wrote:Fire Hart. Fire Jank.

IMO it goes deeper than that. Hart is just RGT's lap boy and is instructed to reduce the financial stress in the AD by any means that he can- hence the up-priced reseats etc..
RGT is the heart of the problem but we all know he is safe and will be here as long as he wants. Sad but our sports programs will likely never be top 10 until he is gone.
redpony

Postby Pony ^ » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:52 am

redpony wrote:
Pony ^ wrote:Fire Hart. Fire Jank.

IMO it goes deeper than that. Hart is just RGT's lap boy and is instructed to reduce the financial stress in the AD by any means that he can- hence the up-priced reseats etc..
RGT is the heart of the problem but we all know he is safe and will be here as long as he wants. Sad but our sports programs will likely never be top 10 until he is gone.

I've been calling for RGTs head for years but everyone knows he isn't going anywhere with the amount of money he raises. He is the anti good sports president
Pony ^

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:09 pm

Before you put RGT's head on a spike, I will say he's very good at getting funding for initiatives. I think a lot of people want to attack RGT because of his perceived laziness towards sports. You have to remember he has to work on getting the whole admin on board with these campaigns. When I was starting at SMU, I remember the faculty wanted to make a push to close down football and have the Ford stadium be some outdoor learning space. That's the kind of morons he has to deal with. Maybe I'm wrong and I haven't been close enough to really know what's going on behind close doors but I at least want to call out that he has to deal with negative sports culture in our faculty.
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby redpony » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:35 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote: I remember the faculty wanted to make a push to close down football and have the Ford stadium be some outdoor learning space. That's the kind of morons he has to deal with. Maybe I'm wrong and I haven't been close enough to really know what's going on behind close doors but I at least want to call out that he has to deal with negative sports culture in our faculty.

Understand and agree. However, he is the boss and he has let the heads of the various schools bring in these kind of profs. He needs to have more new blood in many of the schools and they need to be more empathetic towards our sports programs while raising our academic standards. Too many old stale profs in the university IMO.
redpony

Postby ponyboy » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:09 pm

That’s what kind of morons EVERY university has to deal with. We’re not special in that regard
ponyboy

Postby ericdickerson4life » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:17 pm

Athletics are the window to your university or school. Never will more eyes be drawn to your campus than through success by your major sports.
ericdickerson4life
Heisman

Postby ponyboy » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:19 pm

Which means more academic resources. Preaching to the choir.
ponyboy

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:02 pm

ponyboy wrote:That’s what kind of morons EVERY university has to deal with. We’re not special in that regard

You're probably right regarding west coast schools but I don't think the Ohio States, Michigans, Texas of the world ever has to deal with that kind of rhetoric. Honestly, if RGT can just make a great AD hire and give him a lot of room to work then I think everyone on here's criticism would diminish.
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby sacklunch » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:38 pm

I’m not sure what RGT has done that’s been so great. How hard could it be to raise money for SMU? We have an incredible wealthy donor base that is currently setting piles of money on fire for SMU to build fountains and new facilities and a huge endowment. And what do we have to show for it? Our rankings across the board have regressed and our “peer institutions” have continued to rise

That’s why I’m calling for RGT’s head. In the ten years since I’ve graduated my SMU degree has not appreciated in value...it’s depreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sacklunch
Varsity

Postby smupony94 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:58 pm

sacklunch wrote:I’m not sure what RGT has done that’s been so great. How hard could it be to raise money for SMU? We have an incredible wealthy donor base that is currently setting piles of money on fire for SMU to build fountains and new facilities and a huge endowment. And what do we have to show for it? Our rankings across the board have regressed and our “peer institutions” have continued to rise

That’s why I’m calling for RGT’s head. In the ten years since I’ve graduated my SMU degree has not appreciated in value...it’s depreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have some wealthy donors and even bigger cheapskate fan base

Stallion is correct in stating our fan base won’t pay market rate
smupony94

Next

Return to Basketball