PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU vs. Connecticut game thread

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: SMU vs. Connecticut game thread

Postby tristatecoog » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:31 pm

Pyle gonna be an investment banker. Class move.
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby Pony ^ » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:08 am

Curious what Uconn fans think of Hurley. I figured they would be bad this year...but not this bad. That team is so awful
Pony ^
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Wild Mustang » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:41 am

Congrats to our guys for putting it together last night. Our guys played well together. We moved the ball well on offennse, shot the ball well, took the ball to the hole instead of settling for the 3, and rebounded the ball well. Seeing Feron get some more touches on offense was really good to see. Still want more touches for Feron. It is going to be a tough stretch of games coming up, but we can win these games.

Isn't it funny how people who criticize our coach disappear when Jank coaches our team to a win. We were up by 10 to 20 points almost the entire game. Yes UCONN is having a down year, but so is SMU. Jalen Adams was injured but so was Jarray Foster. Congrats SMU! Congrats Jank! Pony up!
Wild Mustang
Junior Varsity

Postby Pony ^ » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:46 am

Wild Mustang wrote:Congrats to our guys for putting it together last night. Our guys played well together. We moved the ball well on offennse, shot the ball well, took the ball to the hole instead of settling for the 3, and rebounded the ball well. Seeing Feron get some more touches on offense was really good to see. Still want more touches for Feron. It is going to be a tough stretch of games coming up, but we can win these games.

Isn't it funny how people who criticize our coach disappear when Jank coaches our team to a win. We were up by 10 to 20 points almost the entire game. Yes UCONN is having a down year, but so is SMU. Jalen Adams was injured but so was Jarray Foster. Congrats SMU! Congrats Jank! Pony up!

You are very right that everyone disappeared. That arena was empty last night.
Pony ^

Postby mustangxc » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:01 am

That was a solid win and I agree that losing your best player will definitely impact the game and likely the outcome of the game as has been the case for SMU without Jarrey and UConn without Jalen. My reason for concern and why I am ready for change is because we are mediocre to bad without Jarrey and have no one in the pipeline to replace him or McMurray for that matter. I think most of us would be much more understanding of the last two seasons if we had something to look forward to. Unfortunately, our talent is slowly but surely trickling away. Mike, Hunt, and Chargois are nice pieces, but not centerpieces. If they were complimentary players to a Shake Milton, Nic Moore, or Semi Ojeleye then we would be in business but if that is your core we need much more depth. I do not expect 13 players deep or even 11 players deep. We simply need 7-8 players with that kind of talent and as much as Jankovich and the media like to repeat our being hamstrung by sanctions and scholarship reductions, the sanctions have not limited SMU's ability to recruit a roster that is 8 players deep. Case in point this past offseason where Jankovich struck out on every single prospect and ultimately gave late scholarships to a walk on and a player no other teams were after. At that point it would have been much smarter to save those scholarships and give them to top mid-season transfers which he decided to pass on.
mustangxc

Postby PonyPlayer4 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:11 am

Wild Mustang wrote:Congrats to our guys for putting it together last night. Our guys played well together. We moved the ball well on offennse, shot the ball well, took the ball to the hole instead of settling for the 3, and rebounded the ball well. Seeing Feron get some more touches on offense was really good to see. Still want more touches for Feron. It is going to be a tough stretch of games coming up, but we can win these games.

Everyone except for you criticize's Jank. You want us to repeat every day the malpractice that is going on?
PonyPlayer4
Hall of Famer

SMU vs. Connecticut game thread

Postby CenTXpony » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:26 am

PonyPlayer4 wrote:

Everyone except for you criticize's Jank. You want us to repeat every day the malpractice that is going on?

I read somewhere (maybe on twitter?) that wild Mustang is janks kid?
CenTXpony
Heisman

Postby PonyPlayer4 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:28 am

CenTXpony wrote:
PonyPlayer4 wrote:

Well even he didn't want to play for his Daddy, so why should others?
PonyPlayer4
Hall of Famer

Postby RI Stang » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:38 am

I would trade places with UConn in a nano second. They have hope, we have....Jank. Happy for the players that they got a win, but to celebrate that is laughable. UConn looked absolutely horrible and us just a little better. Shouldn't we beat a bad team, missing their best player, at home? I will give you this, I was still surprised that we did. Agree with the moves Jank made (assuming he made them) to go zone and encourage we attack the basket against their awful interior D. With that said, it changes absolutely nothing about the FACT that Jank needs to go ASAP if we want to have any hope for the future. UConn will wipe the floor with us next year with what they have coming in and we don't. And as bad as this year's UConn is, they still have at least a 50/50 shot to finish ahead of us in the standings in the riveting battle for AAC 9th place.
RI Stang
All-American

Postby Wild Mustang » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:43 am

If anyone disagrees with you then I must be related to Jank. Last week I am accused of being Jank's wife. Today I am accused of being Jank's son. Give me a break. Get over yourself. I am an SMU Alum who has had multiple family members graduate from SMU. Recognize that I support our Coach and I support our program. If you do not like my comments or disagree with my comments, then so be it. Stop this ridiculous talk about Jank's family members.
Wild Mustang
Junior Varsity

Postby PlanoStang » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:52 am

Pony ^ wrote:

You are very right that everyone disappeared. That arena was empty last night.

About 5000 I estimate. Not bad for 2 teams having an off year due to NCorruptAA, and injuries.

Jason Garrett, and wife were there.
May the forth be with us.
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby CenTXpony » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:58 am

Wild Mustang wrote:If anyone disagrees with you then I must be related to Jank. Last week I am accused of being Jank's wife. Today I am accused of being Jank's son. Give me a break. Get over yourself. I am an SMU Alum who has had multiple family members graduate from SMU. Recognize that I support our Coach and I support our program. If you do not like my comments or disagree with my comments, then so be it. Stop this ridiculous talk about Jank's family members.

Don’t get mad at me I’m just saying what I read! I see why people think that though with your delusional defense of Jank. Props to you for honoring the whole “for better or worst” part of the vowels you and Tim shared.
CenTXpony
Heisman

Postby Pony ^ » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:34 pm

Wild Mustang wrote:If anyone disagrees with you then I must be related to Jank. Last week I am accused of being Jank's wife. Today I am accused of being Jank's son. Give me a break. Get over yourself. I am an SMU Alum who has had multiple family members graduate from SMU. Recognize that I support our Coach and I support our program. If you do not like my comments or disagree with my comments, then so be it. Stop this ridiculous talk about Jank's family members.

Must be another Hart burner
Pony ^

Postby One Trick Pony » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:38 pm

PonyPlayer4 wrote:
CenTXpony wrote:
PonyPlayer4 wrote:[quote="Wild Mustang"]Congrats to our guys for putting it together last night. Our guys played well together. We moved the ball well on offennse, shot the ball well, took the ball to the hole instead of settling for the 3, and rebounded the ball well. Seeing Feron get some more touches on offense was really good to see. Still want more touches for Feron. It is going to be a tough stretch of games coming up, but we can win these games.

Well even he didn't want to play for his Daddy, so why should others?[/quote]Ouch lol
One Trick Pony

Postby hoopmanx » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:38 pm

Let's be clear...

That game last night was a direct and vicious assault on my true love, basketball.

As glad as I am for the 3.5 decent players on the roster, a win over maybe the worst UConn team I've ever seen(more on that later. WTF Hurley, you miserable weasel) is a hot dog in the hallway. Guys like WildMustang are Pollyanna sunshiners and that's ok. Every program needs folks that will gladly pay for garbage product. The University thanks you.
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball