PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Feron Hunt

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Feron Hunt

Postby PonyPlayer4 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:12 am

LA_Mustang wrote:And I guess we forget but Shake was a REALLY good freshman on a team that got as high as #8 in the country. He averaged 32 minutes a game and started 23. He averaged 10 points a game and shot 43% from three. It is no coincidence Shake is the highest rated recruit we have landed outside of KF in the new era.

I’d rank them like this:

1. Shake
2. Sterling
2. Ben
4. Feron
5. KF

I think Feron has the highest ceiling of any of these guys. He is a legit NBA prospect.


Very laughable that KF made your top 5. He still was unable to dribble when he transferred out.
User avatar
PonyPlayer4
Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 2555
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:47 pm
Location: Dallas, Tx

Re: Feron Hunt

Postby ponypatrick » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:40 am

Wild Mustang wrote:So now people are saying that Feron Hunt is one of our best SMU Freshmen over the past few years. Ok. I thought just recently people were saying that Jank cannot recruit? Ok. Who recruited Feron Hunt anyways? That's right, Jank.

Not sure that I would put Feron above Sterling, Ben, or Shake, but we can agree to disagree. Comparing Freshmen is difficult be that Sterling, Ben, and Shake played with a deeper roster and better players. Comparing players on different SMU Teams is always difficult. Add a Nic More or Markus Kennedy to this team and Feron might have the opportunity to look even better. Who knows?



Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every once in a while !
ponypatrick
Varsity
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:54 pm
Location: Alamogordo , N.M.

Re: Feron Hunt

Postby SMU-LSU Fan » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:29 pm

Feron has the IT factor. I sure hope he returns next year. He has the chance to be special. I really love watching him play. He is so athletic and knows where to be on the floor and is learning to finish much better.
SMU-LSU Fan
Newbie
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:29 pm

Re: Feron Hunt

Postby LA_Mustang » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:10 pm

Wild Mustang wrote:So now people are saying that Feron Hunt is one of our best SMU Freshmen over the past few years. Ok. I thought just recently people were saying that Jank cannot recruit? Ok. Who recruited Feron Hunt anyways? That's right, Jank.

Not sure that I would put Feron above Sterling, Ben, or Shake, but we can agree to disagree. Comparing Freshmen is difficult be that Sterling, Ben, and Shake played with a deeper roster and better players. Comparing players on different SMU Teams is always difficult. Add a Nic More or Markus Kennedy to this team and Feron might have the opportunity to look even better. Who knows?

Feron is not at SMU because of Jank.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

Image
LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 15337
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2002 4:01 am
Location: El Porto, CA 90266

Re: Feron Hunt

Postby LA_Mustang » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:12 pm

PonyPlayer4 wrote:
LA_Mustang wrote:And I guess we forget but Shake was a REALLY good freshman on a team that got as high as #8 in the country. He averaged 32 minutes a game and started 23. He averaged 10 points a game and shot 43% from three. It is no coincidence Shake is the highest rated recruit we have landed outside of KF in the new era.

I’d rank them like this:

1. Shake
2. Sterling
2. Ben
4. Feron
5. KF

I think Feron has the highest ceiling of any of these guys. He is a legit NBA prospect.


Very laughable that KF made your top 5. He still was unable to dribble when he transferred out.

I’m a puppet, remember? Name a freshman better than him over the past ten years other than the four I have above him. The point is he contributed as a freshman on a VERY good team.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

Image
LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 15337
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2002 4:01 am
Location: El Porto, CA 90266

Re: Feron Hunt

Postby PonyPlayer4 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:16 pm

LA_Mustang wrote:
PonyPlayer4 wrote:
LA_Mustang wrote:And I guess we forget but Shake was a REALLY good freshman on a team that got as high as #8 in the country. He averaged 32 minutes a game and started 23. He averaged 10 points a game and shot 43% from three. It is no coincidence Shake is the highest rated recruit we have landed outside of KF in the new era.

I’d rank them like this:

1. Shake
2. Sterling
2. Ben
4. Feron
5. KF

I think Feron has the highest ceiling of any of these guys. He is a legit NBA prospect.


Very laughable that KF made your top 5. He still was unable to dribble when he transferred out.

I’m a puppet, remember? Name a freshman better than him over the past ten years other than the four I have above him. The point is he contributed as a freshman on a VERY good team.


Ah, I total forgot. Thank you for the reminder, puppet.

Thin skin.
User avatar
PonyPlayer4
Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 2555
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:47 pm
Location: Dallas, Tx

Re: Feron Hunt

Postby lwjr » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:35 pm

Wild Mustang wrote:So now people are saying that Feron Hunt is one of our best SMU Freshmen over the past few years. Ok. I thought just recently people were saying that Jank cannot recruit? Ok. Who recruited Feron Hunt anyways? That's right, Jank.

Not sure that I would put Feron above Sterling, Ben, or Shake, but we can agree to disagree. Comparing Freshmen is difficult be that Sterling, Ben, and Shake played with a deeper roster and better players. Comparing players on different SMU Teams is always difficult. Add a Nic More or Markus Kennedy to this team and Feron might have the opportunity to look even better. Who knows?

Is this Coach Jank? Lol
GO MUSTANGS!
lwjr
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 8158
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:37 pm
Location: Midland, Texas

Re: Feron Hunt

Postby geezerdonk » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:14 pm

Hunt could be a contributor on a good team. Hope he doesn't waste his college career at SMU.
geezerdonk
Recruit
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:35 pm

Feron Hunt

Postby CenTXpony » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:17 pm

lwjr wrote:
Wild Mustang wrote:So now people are saying that Feron Hunt is one of our best SMU Freshmen over the past few years. Ok. I thought just recently people were saying that Jank cannot recruit? Ok. Who recruited Feron Hunt anyways? That's right, Jank.

Not sure that I would put Feron above Sterling, Ben, or Shake, but we can agree to disagree. Comparing Freshmen is difficult be that Sterling, Ben, and Shake played with a deeper roster and better players. Comparing players on different SMU Teams is always difficult. Add a Nic More or Markus Kennedy to this team and Feron might have the opportunity to look even better. Who knows?

Is this Coach Jank? Lol


Careful. This one is easily triggered.
User avatar
CenTXpony
Heisman
 
Posts: 1960
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:19 am
Location: Temple, TX

Re: Feron Hunt

Postby LA_Mustang » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:31 pm

PonyPlayer4 wrote:
PonyPlayer4 wrote:
LA_Mustang wrote:

I’m a puppet, remember? Name a freshman better than him over the past ten years other than the four I have above him. The point is he contributed as a freshman on a VERY good team.


Ah, I total forgot. Thank you for the reminder, puppet.

Thin skin.

No problem. I noticed you didn’t answer my question though. Too busy throwing shade.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

Image
LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 15337
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2002 4:01 am
Location: El Porto, CA 90266

Re: Feron Hunt

Postby PonyPlayer4 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:45 pm

LA_Mustang wrote:No problem. I noticed you didn’t answer my question though. Too busy throwing shade.


Paul McCoy led the team in scoring as a freshman 10 years ago.

Have a great weekend.
User avatar
PonyPlayer4
Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 2555
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:47 pm
Location: Dallas, Tx

Re: Feron Hunt

Postby SMU Pom Mom » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:38 pm

He won't transfer because he won't sit out a year. He's play another year then declare.
SMU Pom Mom
Junior Varsity
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:50 pm

Re: Feron Hunt

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:48 pm

Ferson showed his support of Jank & staff and got crucified for doing so. I'd like to think he's here because he wants to be at SMU and play locally, but I guess we will learn soon enough depending on what happens to Jank after this season.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 18937
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2000 3:01 am
Location: Stonebridge Golf Club, NC

Re: Feron Hunt

Postby Shetland » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:19 am

Charleston Pony wrote:Ferson showed his support of Jank & staff and got crucified for doing so. I'd like to think he's here because he wants to be at SMU and play locally, but I guess we will learn soon enough depending on what happens to Jank after this season.

Yes. That was very stupid, silly and low class for alum to be telling Feron he is wrong about his coach. That the program was headed in the wrong direction and his teammates aren't good enough to be competitive.

I know the players probably check this site and others but they are seeking that out. But on the playefs personal social media alum and fans should show some class and maturity. Some old fart alums comments would make me consider if SMU was the right school for me as either a current player or recruit.
Shetland
Recruit
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:52 pm

Re: Feron Hunt

Postby Pony_Law » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:24 am

LA_Mustang wrote:And I guess we forget but Shake was a REALLY good freshman on a team that got as high as #8 in the country. He averaged 32 minutes a game and started 23. He averaged 10 points a game and shot 43% from three. It is no coincidence Shake is the highest rated recruit we have landed outside of KF in the new era.

I’d rank them like this:

1. Shake
2. Sterling
2. Ben
4. Feron
5. KF

I think Feron has the highest ceiling of any of these guys. He is a legit NBA prospect.


Bold statement given that the 3 guys you lost ahead of him are all played minutes in the nba. Brown is a legit role player on the best team in the east.
Pony_Law
Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 2831
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:07 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests