PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU vs. UCF game thread

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: SMU vs. UCF game thread

Postby mustangxc » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:11 pm

mustangxc wrote:This may be our most embarrassing game ever and that is saying something given all the embarrassing losses we took in the Doherty years.

Sadly the final score was the route we saw from the very beginning.
User avatar
mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5286
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: San Juan, PR

Re: SMU vs. UCF game thread

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:35 pm

Just to help put this one in perspective, this 47 point loss eclipsed our previous all-time worst 43 point loss that at least came at the hands of the #5 ranked team in the country...this UCF team hasn't even sniffed a top 25 ranking this season.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 18777
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2000 3:01 am
Location: Stonebridge Golf Club, NC

Re: SMU vs. UCF game thread

Postby RI Stang » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:04 pm

PonyFan wrote:Everything they're doing is working, nothing we're doing is working. It happens.

But what is Dixon doing shooting a 3 from 10 feet behind the line? Fall is a big dude, but he's not forcing shooters out THAT far.


Nope, this doesn't just "happen" to a program worth a salt. We don't exactly have the greatest basketball history and yet this has NEVER happened before. I've been very worried that Mr. Miller was not going to be quite ready to pull the plug, but after this I'm feeling much more confident. And my theory that Jank is doing all of this on purpose to get his money and go home without having to even pretend to work anymore continues to hold water...
RI Stang
All-American
 
Posts: 715
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2002 4:01 am

Re: SMU vs. UCF game thread

Postby lwjr » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:27 pm

RI Stang wrote:
PonyFan wrote:Everything they're doing is working, nothing we're doing is working. It happens.

But what is Dixon doing shooting a 3 from 10 feet behind the line? Fall is a big dude, but he's not forcing shooters out THAT far.


Nope, this doesn't just "happen" to a program worth a salt. We don't exactly have the greatest basketball history and yet this has NEVER happened before. I've been very worried that Mr. Miller was not going to be quite ready to pull the plug, but after this I'm feeling much more confident. And my theory that Jank is doing all of this on purpose to get his money and go home without having to even pretend to work anymore continues to hold water...
straight from the June Jones playbook
GO MUSTANGS!
lwjr
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 8158
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:37 pm
Location: Midland, Texas

Re: SMU vs. UCF game thread

Postby SMU Pom Mom » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:54 am

Given how close they played at Moody, I guess that means there is still some home court advantage left.
SMU Pom Mom
Junior Varsity
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:50 pm

Re: SMU vs. UCF game thread

Postby Blunt Pony » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:20 am

PonyFan wrote:I have long thought that whether or not it is deserved, Jank will survive because of sanctions, not practicing 5 on 5, Jarrey's injury, etc., and for the record, I still think he'll survive. But this game is reminiscent of the Boise State game that sealed Dement's fate. I don't think it will change the result, but it very well could make it a more intense decision for Hart, Miller and whoever else is involved in the process.


There is no way Jank survives this. We will literally lose our entire fanbase if he is kept. The ONLY way to keep the season ticket holders on board after making them "pony up" last year is to show them we are serious about winning. No way, I mean, no way Jank is on the bench next year.
Blunt Pony
Varsity
 
Posts: 328
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2003 4:01 am
Location: Dallas

Re: SMU vs. UCF game thread

Postby JasonB » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:52 am

That was the June Jones North Texas moment. Game over.
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5729
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2001 3:01 am
Location: Allen, Tx, USA

Re: SMU vs. UCF game thread

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:19 pm

JasonB wrote:That was the June Jones North Texas moment. Game over.


So if we follow the UCF debacle by getting blown out at home by Cincy, Jank should resign immediately?
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 18777
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2000 3:01 am
Location: Stonebridge Golf Club, NC

Re: SMU vs. UCF game thread

Postby sadderbudweiser » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:22 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:
JasonB wrote:That was the June Jones North Texas moment. Game over.


So if we follow the UCF debacle by getting blown out at home by Cincy, Jank should resign immediately?


Should he?

Yeah.


Will he?

Hell no. He'll put on his stinky Kansas sweats and hit the gym.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5658
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:58 am
Location: East Hampton, NY

Re: SMU vs. UCF game thread

Postby mustang1992 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:30 pm

Blunt Pony wrote:There is no way Jank survives this.


Jank is going nowhere, he'll be back for at least one more year. We are not Kansas, despite what the AD tells us, or what Jank is wearing!
User avatar
mustang1992
All-American
 
Posts: 879
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:29 am

Re: SMU vs. UCF game thread

Postby mustangxc » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:00 pm

If that is true then fire Hart immediately!
User avatar
mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5286
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: San Juan, PR

Re: SMU vs. UCF game thread

Postby redpony » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:01 pm

mustang1992 wrote: Jank is going nowhere, he'll be back for at least one more year.!


If that is the case then they should cancel all of the games next year and save on electicity etc. Moody will be empty and it will take many years for any of the fans to return.
If the school and the 'big donors' don't give a crap then why should the alums, fans, Dallas fans et al bother to come watch a team that stinks up the arena and whose coach cares less about recruiting and being a complete coach??

This must please RGT greatly as it just adds another reason to shut down all of our sports programs.
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 9503
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:44 am
Location: on the beach,northern Peru

Previous

Return to Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: sadderbudweiser and 8 guests