PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Jank is coming back and we’re screwed

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Jank is coming back and we’re screwed

Postby ponypatrick » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:26 am

PonyTime wrote:How long before George W. Bush has better things to do with his time and moves on?

https://news.vanderbilt.edu/2019/03/12/president-bush-visits-vanderbilt-students-before-candid-humorous-lecture-series-appearance/



Yesterday would be fine with me...... :lol:
ponypatrick
Varsity
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:54 pm
Location: Alamogordo , N.M.

Re: Jank is coming back and we’re screwed

Postby PonySnob » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:50 am

Pony ^ wrote:Less than 10 wins, miserable SOS, and less than 2500 at Moody for the next 2 yrs. sad


That will mess up the next planned reseat of Moody in 2022
Peruna is my mascot!
User avatar
PonySnob
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 11054
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 4:01 am
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: Jank is coming back and we’re screwed

Postby SoCal_Pony » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:00 pm

PonySnob wrote:
Pony ^ wrote:Less than 10 wins, miserable SOS, and less than 2500 at Moody for the next 2 yrs. sad


That will mess up the next planned reseat of Moody in 2022


Reseat surpasses the ‘Commitment’ under Copeland as the biggest AD misstep over the past 25 years.

Numerous Honorable Mentions including Liberty and Justice and destroying the MOB.
User avatar
SoCal_Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5307
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2003 4:01 am
Location: Newport Beach, CA

Re: Jank is coming back and we’re screwed

Postby mrydel » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:46 pm

Just got notice from CBSSports that Jank will be back
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
User avatar
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 31068
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2003 4:01 am
Location: Sherwood,AR,USA

Re: Jank is coming back and we’re screwed

Postby FIVE-O-FAN » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:46 pm

Jon Rothstein reporting that Jank is officially returning next season. Crawler on CBSSN.
FIVE-O-FAN
All-American
 
Posts: 814
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:55 am

Re: Jank is coming back and we’re screwed

Postby mustangxc » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:48 pm

User avatar
mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5388
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: San Juan, PR

Re: Jank is coming back and we’re screwed

Postby ObeyMyDog » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:07 pm

Welp. It's settled then.

Btw. If you have to confirm your coach is coming back and you went from tourney to not even sniffing the tourney along with a total trash recruiting class in a couple years, how does that make you feel?

It honestly probably comes down to Miller just not wanting to stomach writing a $5mm check to get rid of Jank. I can't blame him at all with Hart running his clown show. Would be more fun to light it up as all 1's and watch it burn.
Usually, the team that scores the most points wins the game - John Madden
User avatar
ObeyMyDog
Varsity
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:14 pm

Re: Jank is coming back and we’re screwed

Postby PonyTime » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:18 pm

ObeyMyDog wrote:Would be more fun to light it up as all 1's and watch it burn.


He might as well pack those 1's in a duffel bag and deliver to the proper locations. That is the only way Jank is going to be successful.
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

Image
User avatar
PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend
 
Posts: 3383
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2002 4:01 am
Location: The Green Elephant

Re: Jank is coming back and we’re screwed

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:36 pm

mrydel wrote:Just got notice from CBSSports that Jank will be back

Is anyone really surprised?

We do what we do.
Shake It Off Moody
User avatar
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 15269
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2000 3:01 am
Location: The 214

Re: Jank is coming back and we’re screwed

Postby PonySnob » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:03 pm

Don’t forget that athletic donations are due by April 30!
Peruna is my mascot!
User avatar
PonySnob
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 11054
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 4:01 am
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: Jank is coming back and we’re screwed

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:42 pm

Nobody should be surprised but task # 1 is to talk Jimmy Whitt into coming back and to find at least one quality recruit who can play at a high AAC level. Jank claims to be "close" on a "really good player" and he would have to be a grad transfer...hopefully better than Dixon because he will have to replace McMurray's production.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 19082
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2000 3:01 am
Location: Stonebridge Golf Club, NC

Re: Jank is coming back and we’re screwed

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:26 pm

PonySnob wrote:Don’t forget that athletic donations are due by April 30!

I hope they didn't use up all of their fuzzy math skills last year.
Shake It Off Moody
User avatar
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 15269
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2000 3:01 am
Location: The 214

Re: Jank is coming back and we’re screwed

Postby mustangxc » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:37 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:Nobody should be surprised but task # 1 is to talk Jimmy Whitt into coming back and to find at least one quality recruit who can play at a high AAC level. Jank claims to be "close" on a "really good player" and he would have to be a grad transfer...hopefully better than Dixon because he will have to replace McMurray's production.

I read somewhere that he is in on the #10 juco in the country, Tajzmel Sherman. That would be a nice piece but almost like turning on the faucet to extinguish a house fire.
User avatar
mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5388
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: San Juan, PR

Jank is coming back and we’re screwed

Postby TidePony » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:56 pm

Can we mail Rick Hart to LSU, that job will likely be opening soon? THEY can have him. That clown Joe Alleva (the champion of the Duke LaCrosse scandal) has another mess on his hands and that fan base has had it with him. Let’s give them Rick!
User avatar
TidePony
Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 2147
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:36 pm

Re: Jank is coming back and we’re screwed

Postby JasonB » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:32 pm

mustangxc wrote:
Charleston Pony wrote:Nobody should be surprised but task # 1 is to talk Jimmy Whitt into coming back and to find at least one quality recruit who can play at a high AAC level. Jank claims to be "close" on a "really good player" and he would have to be a grad transfer...hopefully better than Dixon because he will have to replace McMurray's production.

I read somewhere that he is in on the #10 juco in the country, Tajzmel Sherman. That would be a nice piece but almost like turning on the faucet to extinguish a house fire.


We know what success looks like. 8 top 250 recruits (combo of direct recruits and transfers) and then 5 4 year projects that fill out the bench.

Next year's roster currently looks like this:
Top 250: Hunt, Douglas, Whitt, Chargois, Bandoumel
Projects: White, Mike, Young, Ray, Cook, McBride, Jasey

Mike makes up for the failure of Douglas to develop. Even if we bring in a top 250 guy with our last scholarship, we are still 2 players short in that category (and I'm being a little generous with Bandoumel). That means in order to have a competitive 8 player rotation, Douglas has to take a massive step forward, and either Ray or Jasey have to play way above their rating. If Whitt leaves, of course, we are even further behind the 8 ball.
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5808
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2001 3:01 am
Location: Allen, Tx, USA

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests