PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Jimmy and the NBA

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Jimmy and the NBA

Postby PonySnob » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:59 pm

Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Jimmy and the NBA

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:01 pm

OUCH but say hello to Europe or maybe the G league
Charleston Pony

Postby ObeyMyDog » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:02 pm

I wouldn't want to be apart of the trainwreck and negativity that will be next year.

He can withdraw right? If he wants to play any more beyond SMU he needs to transfer
Usually, the team that scores the most points wins the game - John Madden
ObeyMyDog
Varsity

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:11 pm

I'm sure Jank will be [deleted] the trail now that another 'ship has opened up. No seniors on next year's roster unless we find a GT. Youth will be next year's excuse, despite the fact we will have plenty of 3rd year guys
Charleston Pony

Postby Junior » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:49 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:I'm sure Jank will be [deleted] the trail now that another 'ship has opened up. No seniors on next year's roster unless we find a GT. Youth will be next year's excuse, despite the fact we will have plenty of 3rd year guys

i really curious what "[deleted]" was.
Derail the Frogs!
Junior

Postby horsemanx » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:48 pm

Best wishes to Jimmy as he takes his next step!

I highly doubt he will get drafted, but hopefully the scouts and evaluators won't be too [deleted] him during the process.
An object at rest cannot be stopped!
horsemanx
All-American

Postby JasonB » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:00 pm

I'll be rooting for him every step of the way! Seems like a great guy and I love the old-school ABA game.

I believe that if he doesn't hire an agent he can put his name out there and see what happen.

I would suggest that he has probably heard back from Ben and Shake. I'm sure that they have told him he will probably be able to get a 2 way contract, and they must like the experience. He wouldn't put his name in the hat if he wasn't projected in the second round.

I'm fascinated to see what happens. His length has to be really attractive, and the defensive abilities. Smart game, takes care of the ball. Can't stretch the floor at all, but just a phenomenal mid-range game with enough length and elevation to get his shot in the NBA.

What is interesting about his game, is that even though it seems to run counter of the NBA trend of stretching the floor, he would be awesome in the right pick and roll. Mid-range finish at the free throw line if they don't follow, and can dish it out if they do.
JasonB

Postby Pony_Law » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:16 pm

I’ll root for Jimmy as he is part of the SMU family. Just don’t see him in the NBA with that jumper and his size. Maybe he can play In Europe but his shooting and mediocre at the rim finishing is going to hold him back.
Pony_Law
Hall of Famer

Postby Rebel10 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:03 pm

Best mid range shooter in college basketball. Seems like it’s a forgotten art in both college and pros. If a teams needs a high caliber mid range shooter Whitt will be playing pro basketball for a long time imo.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Rebel10 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:06 pm

Best mid range shooter in college basketball. Seems like it’s a forgotten art in both college and pros. If a teams needs a high caliber mid range shooter Whitt will be playing pro basketball for a long time imo.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:21 pm

Rebel10 wrote:Best mid range shooter in college basketball. Seems like it’s a forgotten art in both college and pros. If a teams needs a high caliber mid range shooter Whitt will be playing pro basketball for a long time imo.

If he could only make FTs. I'm sure Jimmy is "testing the waters" here, but I would guess he will get feedback that he really needs to work on his shot. Otherwise, you have to like everything about his game.
Charleston Pony

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:22 pm

Junior wrote:
Charleston Pony wrote:I'm sure Jank will be [deleted] the trail now that another 'ship has opened up. No seniors on next year's roster unless we find a GT. Youth will be next year's excuse, despite the fact we will have plenty of 3rd year guys

i really curious what "[deleted]" was.

Horsemanx gave you your answer. I should have said Jank will be "hot" on the trail rather than hard!
Charleston Pony

Postby Terry Webster » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:45 pm

I hope he does well but if Shake can barely make it our of the d league I am not sure Jimmy will do any better.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU Pom Mom » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:06 am

I wish him the best. My daughter is friends with him and tells me he is the nicest guy and has a really funny sense of humor. He's a big pommie fan, gotta love that.
SMU Pom Mom
All-American

Postby Pony_Law » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:20 am

Terry Webster wrote:I hope he does well but if Shake can barely make it our of the d league I am not sure Jimmy will do any better.

Shake is crushing the G-league. He just happens to be on a guard heavy NBA team that is looking to go deep in the playoffs. I think Shake will get a lot more minutes in the NBA next year.
Pony_Law
Hall of Famer

Next

Return to Basketball