PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

2019 Recruiting

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: 2019 Recruiting

Postby One Trick Pony » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:46 am

JasonB wrote:
CenTXpony wrote:
JasonB wrote:
Providing the full context... "Intern in college who represents a media source that has spent the last year ripping on Jank." The list of clips showing coaches reacting well to that question and the list who react poorly is sided much more heavily to the latter. Especially when the question comes from someone who repeatedly calls for his job. Jank should have been more professional, but he didn't go to the horrible reaction extreme either. Meh.

The same media source that you used to copy and paste from until they booted you from doing so. They spent the last year ripping on Jank? Get out of here. They spent their time posting facts which has carried more weight than the fluff novels that you post. People would really be scratching their heads buying every excuse Jank spews if they relied on your posts for info. Give me a break. They post the good, bad, and ugly. You just post what you think people want to hear and without reasons why the team is only winning 16 games and recruiting guys with no offers.

Please show me where I cut and pasted. That was never the reason they removed me.

Also, please show me where above I stated the criticism was unjustified. I was just pointing out the situation.

Please don't make inaccurate accusations like that. And don't worry, I won't be posting anymore. I'm done.
https://youtu.be/2txArOEsLPc

Years ago I remember signing up for scout and paying in advance for the year. Only to find out they did not have anyone working the SMU site. I complained about it on the private board and then was blocked from making any posts haha . Like that's going to stop a guy with 10000 ip addresses .
One Trick Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby sadderbudweiser » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:14 pm

So it’s really 10,000 Trick Pony?
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby One Trick Pony » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:43 pm

sadderbudweiser wrote:So it’s really 10,000 Trick Pony?
Let's not pis s each other off there's only 8 posters left now lol
One Trick Pony

Postby One Trick Pony » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:46 pm

Mustangsabu wrote:Jesus wept. What is wrong with people on this board.

The vitriol and arrogance paraded on here is laughable. The basketball program is not where we want it, but the personal attacks on Jank and on other posters are completely unacceptable. And it makes the program look bad. I have yet to find ANYONE who was against the hiring of Jank (feel free to post where you said we shouldn't at that time) and once he was signed up there is very little to be done. The kids gave 100% all season, even long after any hope of the NCAA or NIT went out the window. If they can stay the course then so you can y'all.

I preferred the basketball program before this spoilt entitled nonsense arrived. Bring back the 1500.
Back in the day there was 250 at most , still had fun.
One Trick Pony

Postby Mustangsabu » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:04 pm

One Trick Pony wrote:
Mustangsabu wrote:Jesus wept. What is wrong with people on this board.

The vitriol and arrogance paraded on here is laughable. The basketball program is not where we want it, but the personal attacks on Jank and on other posters are completely unacceptable. And it makes the program look bad. I have yet to find ANYONE who was against the hiring of Jank (feel free to post where you said we shouldn't at that time) and once he was signed up there is very little to be done. The kids gave 100% all season, even long after any hope of the NCAA or NIT went out the window. If they can stay the course then so you can y'all.

I preferred the basketball program before this spoilt entitled nonsense arrived. Bring back the 1500.
Back in the day there was 250 at most , still had fun.

Yes we did.
Mustangs Abu!
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby East Coast Mustang » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:44 pm

Yeah, who cares about being good at basketball? And why should we expect any effort whatsoever from a coach we pay almost $2 million per year? Let’s go back to sucking and having no one in the stands and being completely irrelevant. What a pathetic, loser mentality some of you have.
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby One Trick Pony » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:12 pm

East Coast Mustang wrote:Yeah, who cares about being good at basketball? And why should we expect any effort whatsoever from a coach we pay almost $2 million per year? Let’s go back to sucking and having no one in the stands and being completely irrelevant. What a pathetic, loser mentality some of you have.
I'm a looser 4 sure.
One Trick Pony

Postby Mustangsabu » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:34 pm

East Coast Mustang wrote:Yeah, who cares about being good at basketball? And why should we expect any effort whatsoever from a coach we pay almost $2 million per year? Let’s go back to sucking and having no one in the stands and being completely irrelevant. What a pathetic, loser mentality some of you have.

None of that post makes any sense. Fire Jank is not a plan. There is no guarantee it makes the program better, and it is probably not an option becasue of the $$, so we are stuck with JAnk for good or bad.

You are just making sure its worse.

The loser mentality is thinking $$ just solves everything. What is needed is leadership, faith, and people pulling together.

Telling other people to take out their checkbooks for your own gratification is what is pathetic.
Mustangs Abu!
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mustangxc » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:42 pm

What we really need is to sign Tajzmel Sherman and have Jimmy Whitt come back as well as some attrition from some of our lesser players. Do that and I’ll be intrigued by our prospects next season.
mustangxc

Postby redpony » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:12 pm

ECM- this loser mentality has existed here for years. Too many just don't care or are happy with participation trophies. IMO we really need to drop down to the level that we can afford to be at, especially since our loser coach schedules some of those schools anyway.

As Vince Lombardi, a successful football coach used to say- coming in second is an admission of failure.. glad he didn't define his opinion of what coming in 7th, 8th, or 9th was.
redpony

Postby ObeyMyDog » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:20 pm

Hunt wants to transfer also just btw. Because of Jank.

Anyone who defends Jank at all at this point is in denial.

Moody should be outright boycotted by anyone who is not financially committed until he's gone. Sucks for the kids, but the band aid has to be ripped off.
Usually, the team that scores the most points wins the game - John Madden
ObeyMyDog
Varsity

Postby horsemanx » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:24 pm

Yeah any loser mentality starts with our coach!
An object at rest cannot be stopped!
horsemanx
All-American

Postby sadderbudweiser » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:16 pm

mustangxc wrote:What we really need is to sign Tajzmel Sherman and have Jimmy Whitt come back as well as some attrition from some of our lesser players. Do that and I’ll be intrigued by our prospects next season.

Exactly what I’d like to see happen. If we get really lucky and nail Sherman then Whitt’s return forces attrition. At that point it’s beginning to look like a decent roster.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby malonish » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:09 am

ObeyMyDog wrote:Hunt wants to transfer also just btw. Because of Jank.

Source?
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:35 am

ObeyMyDog wrote:Hunt wants to transfer also just btw. Because of Jank.

You have anything at all to back that statement up?

You won’t find me defending much of anything in Jankistan but c’mon: there is nothing to indicate Feron is leaving.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball