PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

2019 Recruiting

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: 2019 Recruiting

Postby East Coast Mustang » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:20 pm

Mustangsabu wrote:
East Coast Mustang wrote:
ponyboy wrote:Why the nonstop hate? Kinda worried about you

Because Jank is sabotaging the one legitimately cool thing we’ve had in athletics over the past quarter century? He’s not a good coach, he doesn’t recruit, and he’s a [deleted] off the court who constantly whines, makes excuses, and snaps at reporters who ask him legitimate questions about his job status. He does nothing to instill any confidence whatsoever about the future of the program. He’s a loser.

In fairness there is no such thing as a legitimate question posed to a coach about his job status. That's a chicken-**** ploy by journalists to provoke a reaction. There are no good answers to the question, I hate it when they waste our time with that nonsense. There is already very little that a coach is going to say (hence the term "coach speak") but asking about his job security is infantile. Ask his boss.

Happens at the big boy schools...All. The. Time. Jank makes a ton of money, he should be able to answer a difficult question without sounding like a sophomoric [deleted]. That really revealed his true character...a small, petty man.
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ponyboy » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:38 pm

So you know the man? Wow.
ponyboy

Postby East Coast Mustang » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:41 pm

ponyboy wrote:So you know the man? Wow.

I think that reporter he lashed out at was a kid in college. Come on. It’s not a difficult question to handle...you say you’ll be back and you have high expectations for the program and look forward to meeting them. I will say this...it’s the only time Ive seen Jank care about anything...once the notion of his continuing gravy train was jeopardized.
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby PonySnob » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:53 pm

Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby smupony94 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:57 pm

I think that reporter he lashed out at was a kid in college. Come on. It’s not a difficult question to handle...you say you’ll be back and you have high expectations for the program and look forward to meeting them. I will say this...it’s the only time Ive seen Jank care about anything...once the notion of his continuing gravy train was jeopardized.

Intern in college.

Jank is a grown man and made a fool out of himself.
smupony94

Postby Pony_Law » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:05 pm

Glad we got Jolly. Seems like a decent recruit.
Pony_Law
Hall of Famer

Postby PonyLawExpress » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:29 pm

Great get! Really needed a guy like Jolly! Now we gotta go get Taz Sherman.
PonyLawExpress
Heisman

Postby mustangxc » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:19 am

Awesome news! I hope we close on Sherman. I would at least expect a winning season next year. I just want to win!
mustangxc

Postby JasonB » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:00 am

smupony94 wrote:

Intern in college.

Jank is a grown man and made a fool out of himself.

Providing the full context... "Intern in college who represents a media source that has spent the last year ripping on Jank." The list of clips showing coaches reacting well to that question and the list who react poorly is sided much more heavily to the latter. Especially when the question comes from someone who repeatedly calls for his job. Jank should have been more professional, but he didn't go to the horrible reaction extreme either. Meh.

Jolly was a must-have at this point in the recruiting cycle. We lose Foster, McMurray, Whitt, and Dixon.

Jolly will replace Whitt, which will most likely be a downgrade.

Bandoumel replaces McMurray, which will most likely be a downgrade.

Foster we are trying to replace with the A&M transfer and Ray coming back from injury. Because of Foster not playing much, it is probably a net gain as weird as that sounds.

Hunt, Mike and Ethan should continue to improve. Mike and Hunt improved significantly towards the end. And we have a longer bench at least with White, Young, and the other frosh.

That said, the only way we have a shot at being better next season is if that last scholarship goes to someone who is a significant upgrade over Dixon and both Mike and Hunt have to develop into primary scoring options.
JasonB

2019 Recruiting

Postby CenTXpony » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:52 pm

JasonB wrote:
Providing the full context... "Intern in college who represents a media source that has spent the last year ripping on Jank." The list of clips showing coaches reacting well to that question and the list who react poorly is sided much more heavily to the latter. Especially when the question comes from someone who repeatedly calls for his job. Jank should have been more professional, but he didn't go to the horrible reaction extreme either. Meh.

The same media source that you used to copy and paste from until they booted you from doing so. They spent the last year ripping on Jank? Get out of here. They spent their time posting facts which has carried more weight than the fluff novels that you post. People would really be scratching their heads buying every excuse Jank spews if they relied on your posts for info. Give me a break. They post the good, bad, and ugly. You just post what you think people want to hear and without reasons why the team is only winning 16 games and recruiting guys with no offers.
CenTXpony
Heisman

Postby ponyboy » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:28 pm

Um, Jolly had no offers? Or maybe Jank didn’t recruit him?
ponyboy

Postby CenTXpony » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:39 pm

ponyboy wrote:Um, Jolly had no offers? Or maybe Jank didn’t recruit him?

It’s about time. Are you really going to tell me that Jank’s overall body of recruiting work is impressive? I’ll wait.
CenTXpony
Heisman

Postby ponyboy » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:08 pm

I’m simply responding to the last five words in your post.
ponyboy

Postby JasonB » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:01 am

CenTXpony wrote:
JasonB wrote:

The same media source that you used to copy and paste from until they booted you from doing so. They spent the last year ripping on Jank? Get out of here. They spent their time posting facts which has carried more weight than the fluff novels that you post. People would really be scratching their heads buying every excuse Jank spews if they relied on your posts for info. Give me a break. They post the good, bad, and ugly. You just post what you think people want to hear and without reasons why the team is only winning 16 games and recruiting guys with no offers.

Please show me where I cut and pasted. That was never the reason they removed me.

Also, please show me where above I stated the criticism was unjustified. I was just pointing out the situation.

Please don't make inaccurate accusations like that. And don't worry, I won't be posting anymore. I'm done.
JasonB

Postby Mustangsabu » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:19 am

Jesus wept. What is wrong with people on this board.

The vitriol and arrogance paraded on here is laughable. The basketball program is not where we want it, but the personal attacks on Jank and on other posters are completely unacceptable. And it makes the program look bad. I have yet to find ANYONE who was against the hiring of Jank (feel free to post where you said we shouldn't at that time) and once he was signed up there is very little to be done. The kids gave 100% all season, even long after any hope of the NCAA or NIT went out the window. If they can stay the course then so you can y'all.

I preferred the basketball program before this spoilt entitled nonsense arrived. Bring back the 1500.
Mustangs Abu!
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball