PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Pre-draft interview with Jarrey Foster

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Pre-draft interview with Jarrey Foster

Postby PonyPride » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:43 am

From hoops hype.com:

2019 NBA draft prospect Jarrey Foster: 'I've been knocked down so many times, I'm right back'

By: Bryan Kalbrosky | June 7, 2019

Former Southern Methodist Mustangs guard Jarrey Foster suffered injury setbacks in college that helped make him an even stronger person.

During his healthy season as a sophomore starter, he averaged 1.22 points per possession from his jump shots in the half-court sets. That ranked in the 95th percentile among all players in the NCAA, per Synergy Sports. Foster is very capable when spotting up and showed flashes of excellence as the ballhandler in a pick-and-roll offense and shot very well when coming off screens.

He spoke with HoopsHype about his road to the NBA after his four years at SMU.

What would you say your main focus has been as you’ve been preparing for the 2019 NBA draft?

Jarrey Foster: I’ve been maintaining my health. But on the court, I’m being a knockdown shooter. I have the tools and the mechanics to be a really, really great shooter so I’m always trying to perfect it going into the future. It hasn’t been that much of a transition from the college line to the NBA distance. I feel like I have the strength to get it up there. I’m also trying to improve as a ballhandler. I have played all around the floor during my basketball career. I still have room to improve there.

What were some of your biggest takeaways playing for a longtime NBA head coach like Larry Brown at Southern Methodist?

JF: I’m so proud to have played at ...

To read this article in its entirety, CLICK HERE.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Basketball