PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Fire Rick Hart - Marquee Schedule

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Fire Rick Hart - Marquee Schedule

Postby sadderbudweiser » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:09 pm

skyscraper wrote:So it's pretty well known that Jank has to make at least the NIT to have a chance to keep his job, if not the NCAA tournament.
There are no quadrant one win opportunities with this non conference schedule.
Is Jank essentially waving the white flag?


No.... he’s hedging his bet.

If we get both waivers this should be an NIT team at the very least.
If we don’t get the waivers he’ll moan about it all season reminding us how much the NCAA hurt us and the two guys sitting out would have delivered us to the promised land. He’ll expect another year because his team will be complete in ‘20-21.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5790
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:58 am
Location: East Hampton, NY

Re: Fire Rick Hart - Marquee Schedule

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:39 pm

The schedule looks like one that can easily help Coach Jank keep his job. Maybe that is what Hart is doing. I don’t know if it is good for the program as a whole but it will help the coach keep his job.
#HammerDown
Rebel10
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 12495
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:20 pm

Re: Fire Rick Hart - Marquee Schedule

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:18 pm

Rebel10 wrote:The schedule looks like one that can easily help Coach Jank keep his job. Maybe that is what Hart is doing. I don’t know if it is good for the program as a whole but it will help the coach keep his job.


Only if our guys can win most, if not all of those games...at least the home games!
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 19388
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2000 3:01 am
Location: Stonebridge Golf Club, NC

Re: Fire Rick Hart - Marquee Schedule

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:39 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:
Rebel10 wrote:The schedule looks like one that can easily help Coach Jank keep his job. Maybe that is what Hart is doing. I don’t know if it is good for the program as a whole but it will help the coach keep his job.


Only if our guys can win most, if not all of those games...at least the home games!


You really don’t need a good coach to win most of those games imo. Guaranteed 20+ win season with a high school JV coach imo with that schedule.
#HammerDown
Rebel10
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 12495
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:20 pm

Re: Fire Rick Hart - Marquee Schedule

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:42 pm

Rebel10 wrote: You really don’t need a good coach to win most of those games imo. Guaranteed 20+ win season with a high school JV coach imo with that schedule.


That sounds familiar. Wasn't that what everyone was saying about last year's schedule? With the new transfer portal, you never know who might surprise
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 19388
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2000 3:01 am
Location: Stonebridge Golf Club, NC

Re: Fire Rick Hart - Marquee Schedule

Postby WildHorse » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:56 pm

This schedule isn't exactly a Sweet 16 preview, but those suggesting it's the worst in the world clearly don't remember the Doherty Error. Those opponents made this bunch look like a schedule of nearly-NBA teams.
Go PONIES!
User avatar
WildHorse
All-American
 
Posts: 703
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2000 3:01 am
Location: Arlington, Texas

Previous

Return to Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests