PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

MBB vs. Georgetown thread

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: MBB vs. Georgetown thread

Postby bubba pony » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:01 am

Stangster wrote:Patrick Ewing did not sit down during the national anthem, but he stood and bowed his head the whole time. Disrespectful in light of what this country has done for him and the privilege he’s enjoyed by simply being a basketball star. Maybe that’s why he has so many thugs on his team.

I came in from out of state and attended the SMU basketball game over the Thanksgiving holiday. The majority of SMU basketball players stood at the national anthem with heads bowed as well. The opponents players ALL stood correctly. Head bowed or take a knee, it is disappointing that so many don't realize the privilege they are given to live in this county. Thousands are trying and dying to get in.
bubba pony
Heisman

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:11 am

Stallion wrote:The only highlight tonite was the long haired brunette dancing to Queen. Fabulous-worth the price of admission.

I know which one you're talking about. The cameraman agrees with you. She was up there all the time. :D
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:34 am

Mustangsabu wrote:Hopefully the guys learned from this. GT made their shots 55% of them, we didn’t. Second half was better but the damage was done with ice cold shooting in the first half. It happens.

On to the next game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Georgetown was on fire and it seemed like every trey they jacked up went in, regardless of whether someone was in their face or not. I thought we forced a lot of shots and were "quick" with our shots in that 1st half but as the game wore on, our guys had plenty of open looks but just couldn't hit the wall last night.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby One Trick Pony » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:42 am

Well at least there were a core of obnoxious drunk students spilling beer all over the Pom girls . It's better to go ahead and stop once you're at level 12 children.
Last edited by One Trick Pony on Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
One Trick Pony

Postby PonySnob » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:58 am

What a difference four years can make and look at the attendance:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:29 am

I remember Michigan's coach was quoted after that game that "this SMU team is one of the best college basketball teams I have ever seen". Of course, they weren't good enough to win a game in the NCAA tourney.

Meanwhile, last night's game vs Georgetown puts a whole new spin on "going ugly early"
Charleston Pony

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:57 pm

PonyPride wrote:In attendance tonight: Ben Moore, Ryan Manuel, Shawn Williams, Jarrey Foster, Jordan Tolbert

Should have put them in.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:00 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote:Everyone can say that this is a one time fluke but I think we are finally exposed. We looked great with 353rd schedule in the nation before tonight. We got rocked in our own stadium in typical Jank fashion.

I really hope Hart has a Sonny dykes like hire ready to go.

He ought to let Sonny make the hire.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:50 pm

sadderbudweiser wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:Everyone can say that this is a one time fluke but I think we are finally exposed. We looked great with 353rd schedule in the nation before tonight. We got rocked in our own stadium in typical Jank fashion.

I really hope Hart has a Sonny dykes like hire ready to go.

He ought to let Sonny make the hire.

Amen.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby sadderbudweiser » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:58 am

One Trick Pony wrote:Well at least there were a core of obnoxious drunk students spilling beer all over the Pom girls . It's better to go ahead and stop once you're at level 12 children.

LOL....not like here.

Can they possibly be induced with even more free beer to turn on the coach?
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Previous

Return to Basketball