PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Jank

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Jank

Postby LA_Mustang » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:38 pm

A JV coach would've had Jasey in the game instead of stoned Chaggy on that last play. No excuse for the Jolly missed free throws but Jank is such a poor coach in all facets of the game. The rest of the year will not be pretty. Enjoy.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Jank

Postby PonySnob » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:40 pm

LA_Mustang wrote:A JV coach would've had Jasey in the game instead of stoned Chaggy on that last play. No excuse for the Jolly missed free throws but Jank is such a poor coach in all facets of the game. The rest of the year will not be pretty. Enjoy.

To quote a former SMU coach: “we do what we do”
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby LA_Mustang » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:45 pm

This is what the excuse makers wanted. I hope they enjoy mediocre to bad basketball in front of a lifeless 1000 at Moody. You get what you asked for....

BTW, a halfway decent bench wins that game easily but Jank can't recruit. And he can't blame restrictions this year. He redshirted 3 scholarships this season. This is the year after he [deleted] endlessly about not having a full compliment of scholarships. You can't make this stuff up.

LA_Mustang

Postby East Coast Mustang » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:42 pm

LA_Mustang wrote:This is what the excuse makers wanted. I hope they enjoy mediocre to bad basketball in front of a lifeless 1000 at Moody. You get what you asked for....

BTW, a halfway decent bench wins that game easily but Jank can't recruit. And he can't blame restrictions this year. He redshirted 3 scholarships this season. This is the year after he [deleted] endlessly about not having a full compliment of scholarships. You can't make this stuff up.

Pipe down, LA! You’re going to upset the weak, pathetic losers who post on here and still swear by the absolute clown that is Tim Jankovich.
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:05 am

Football School.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby Blvd_Stang » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:01 am

I am officially done giving Jank chances after this game. Haven’t been a fan of his, but thought he deserved my full review after Georgia...

We actually have a really talented roster, but they don’t have a winners mentality. And that starts with the coach. These are the games we used to win with LB. Let alone his sub-par coaching / adjustments.

Also Chaggy needs to come off the bench. We have plenty of scorers, need our rim protector in there. Not Mr. apathetic body language.

Disappointed to see a roster with so much potential get squandered.
2009 Ponyfans Rookie of the Year
Blvd_Stang
Heisman

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:46 am

Maybe we can start a GoFundMe on Janks buyout? I have to imagine our entire conference would chip in.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ponypatrick » Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:30 pm

Blvd_Stang wrote:I am officially done giving Jank chances after this game. Haven’t been a fan of his, but thought he deserved my full review after Georgia...

We actually have a really talented roster, but they don’t have a winners mentality. And that starts with the coach. These are the games we used to win with LB. Let alone his sub-par coaching / adjustments.

Also Chaggy needs to come off the bench. We have plenty of scorers, need our rim protector in there. Not Mr. apathetic body language.

Disappointed to see a roster with so much potential get squandered.

Amen !!! Pathetic coaching by a man that always seems to have a "deer in the headlights" look to his face.
ponypatrick
Varsity

Postby mustangxc » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:10 am

I don’t think anyone is a Jankovich fan, but unless you have the money for a buyout and the courage to bring on Pitino or are prepared to unload the vault for a great coach you might as well let it run it’s course. Pretty much everyone thought that would happen at the end of last season and it didn’t. There’s not much we can do about it.
mustangxc

Postby One Trick Pony » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:32 am

mustangxc wrote:I don’t think anyone is a Jankovich fan, but unless you have the money for a buyout and the courage to bring on Pitino or are prepared to unload the vault for a great coach you might as well let it run it’s course. Pretty much everyone thought that would happen at the end of last season and it didn’t. There’s not much we can do about it.
Except maybe show up with your buddies and drink a couple of those $10 beers
One Trick Pony

Postby LA_Mustang » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:25 am

How many show up tonight at Moody, butts in seats? 500?

LA_Mustang

Postby The Falcon » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:29 pm

mustangxc wrote:I don’t think anyone is a Jankovich fan, but unless you have the money for a buyout and the courage to bring on Pitino or are prepared to unload the vault for a great coach you might as well let it run it’s course. Pretty much everyone thought that would happen at the end of last season and it didn’t. There’s not much we can do about it.

I have been thinking the same thing for sometime now and you are right on the money MXC.
Because we are SMU fans we should still support our team and root for them to win and show
up at the games. The negative comments are read by recruits, by potential fans, and by our
team, and they do not help the situation. If you have input to the powers that be in making
decisions, lodge your comments with them.
The Falcon
All-American

Postby PonySnob » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:57 pm

LA_Mustang wrote:How many show up tonight at Moody, butts in seats? 500?

500 might not be a bad number for tonight given that school is out and it’s two days before Christmas.
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby One Trick Pony » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:31 pm

PonySnob wrote:
LA_Mustang wrote:How many show up tonight at Moody, butts in seats? 500?

500 might not be a bad number for tonight given that school is out and it’s two days before Christmas.
502 I'm bringin the little guy. Little chip showed up with A UC F shirt on so I'm gonna have to pop by the bookstore
One Trick Pony

Postby skyscraper » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:43 pm

lol. The only way fans can show they're fed up is to stay at home the rest of the season.
Jank is a joke, but we still have to endure another two and a half months of this mess.
skyscraper

Next

Return to Basketball