PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Looks like our fans are clamoring to fire the wrong coach!

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Klara Bradshaws Story

Postby One Trick Pony » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:51 am

The big take out of speed reading that novel is she herself is a survivor of an attempted suicide. Either way hes out .

If my daughter would have told me that I would have been on the 1st flight out in his office it would not have been pretty. Quarter million dollar scholarship be dammed

SMU needs to move quickly on this one or it's gonna be another black eye
One Trick Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:01 am

Did Mays coach last night?
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby mustangxc » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:09 am

The more I read about this situation the more disgusted I am. I want Hart and Mays fired today!
mustangxc

Re: Looks like our fans are clamoring to fire the wrong coac

Postby ponypatrick » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:05 pm

gostangs wrote:Might be true. I prefer to hear all sides.

If you had a daughter ( I have 2 ) and read Kiara's first hand account , you would BELIEVE it
ponypatrick
Varsity

Postby mrydel » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:06 pm

Does anyone know if Mays was disciplined in some way 2 years ago? Just asking.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Dukie » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:21 pm

DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:Did Mays coach last night?

The SMU website writeup doesn't mention him. So he coached, is my guess, because if he hadn't that would have been mentioned.
Dukie
Heisman

Postby CA Mustang » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:13 pm

I presume his actions in Dallas were similar, but Hart was at the NSD event in Houston last night. However he did not address the audience nor did he work the room. I guess he assumed by attending he couldn't be accused of ducking alums yet by not talking he didn't have to answer any questions.

mrydel wrote:Does anyone know if Mays was disciplined in some way 2 years ago? Just asking.

Only those with access to SMU's personnel records know. But unless something substantial was done, does it matter?
CA Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby mrydel » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:20 pm

CA Mustang wrote:

I presume his actions in Dallas were similar, but Hart was at the NSD event in Houston last night. However he did not address the audience nor did he work the room. I guess he assumed by attending he couldn't be accused of ducking alums yet by not talking he didn't have to answer any questions.

mrydel wrote:Does anyone know if Mays was disciplined in some way 2 years ago? Just asking.

Only those with access to SMU's personnel records know. But unless something substantial was done, does it matter?

Of course it matters from an administration side. If handled internally and in a proper manner of reprimand I can see it not being at the level of firing. If nothing was done just hoping it would go away then that is a very bad look.
mrydel

Postby friarwolf » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:35 pm

Had to undergo sensitivity training. Seriously........And Hart is still our AD. Can’t make this [deleted] up......
friarwolf
Heisman

Postby mrydel » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:10 pm

friarwolf wrote:

Had to undergo sensitivity training. Seriously........And Hart is still our AD. Can’t make this [deleted] up......

Like it or not, if he was assigned sensitivity training at least it acknowledges some action was taken. I personally shudder at the words he spoke but also do not view one bad statement necessarily as an offense worth immediate firing. An apology was given (not a good one but it was given), and if it was addressed internally, I would be ok. But his record is perhaps not one to warrant a continuation after this season.
mrydel

Postby CA Mustang » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:52 pm

mrydel wrote:
friarwolf wrote:

Like it or not, if he was assigned sensitivity training at least it acknowledges some action was taken. I personally shudder at the words he spoke but also do not view one bad statement necessarily as an offense worth immediate firing. An apology was given (not a good one but it was given), and if it was addressed internally, I would be ok. But his record is perhaps not one to warrant a continuation after this season.

It was more than one comment. Remember the threat to speak with player's future employers?

Hart speaks! https://twitter.com/SamBlum3/status/122 ... 28/photo/1
CA Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby mrydel » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:09 pm

CA Mustang wrote:
mrydel wrote:
friarwolf wrote:[quote="mrydel"]Does anyone know if Mays was disciplined in some way 2 years ago? Just asking.

It was more than one comment. Remember the threat to speak with player's future employers?

Hart speaks! https://twitter.com/SamBlum3/status/122 ... 28/photo/1[/quote]
My inquiry was solely to determine whether or not the incident was addressed at the time it occurred. It appears that it was.
mrydel

Postby One Trick Pony » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:22 pm

This is not over..
One Trick Pony

Postby bubba pony » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:56 pm

Hart's solution letter is disheartening
bubba pony
Heisman

Postby East Coast Mustang » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:20 pm

Don’t really care about Mays one way or another. But that Sam Blum kid can pound sand. What a [deleted]
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball