PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU vs Temple

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: SMU vs Temple

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:29 am

Our guys started forcing things offensively in that 2nd half and just got away from what had contributed to such a great 1st half. Jolly ended up 2-12 & Jasey missed some bunnies at crunch time when they had a chance to maintain the lead. I thought after Jolly hit those clutch FTs to get the game to OT that the team might wake up, but when they came out in that zone and gave Temple easy buckets to take the lead, there was just no way Temple was going to let SMU take the momentum back. This game was just one more example of how this team appears to be unable to put together a good 40 minutes of basketball.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: SMU vs Temple

Postby JasonB » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:18 am

Temple absolutely upped the pressure in the second half. Which is another reason to leave a big in the game and get that post presence to make them back off the perimeter.

Jasey went up soft on offense and defense and missed bunnies. But taking the bigs out completely disrupted the offensive flow and exposed us even more defensively. The zone we started running at the end was actually the right play earlier in the half to keep a big in the game and let the run small. But we just matched their small lineup instead of running the zone and it was a disaster.

I also thought the full court press in the first half was really disruptive to Temple, and I'm surprised we didn't break that out again.
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Previous

Return to Basketball