PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Jank apologists - you can admit you’re wrong in this thread

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Jank apologists - you can admit you’re wrong in this thr

Postby Stallion » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:59 pm

Really? Its not about the year of probation its about bridging the gap at the end of a 3 year probation and thereafter. SMU was in the Tournament in the year of probation-big deal-the effect of 3 year probations hit you especially in Years 3-4 and even 5. SMU in Year 2 was on track for NCAA until Foster and then Shake's injuries
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby sadderbudweiser » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:13 pm

Stallion wrote:Really? Its not about the year of probation its about bridging the gap at the end of a 3 year probation and thereafter. SMU was in the Tournament in the year of probation-big deal-the effect of 3 year probations hit you especially in Years 3-4 and even 5. SMU in Year 2 was on track for NCAA until Foster and then Shake's injuries

Not for nothing hefe.... those Chad Morris quotes gotta go. :lol:
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby PonyTime » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:33 pm

Stallion wrote:Really? Its not about the year of probation its about bridging the gap at the end of a 3 year probation and thereafter. SMU was in the Tournament in the year of probation-big deal-the effect of 3 year probations hit you especially in Years 3-4 and even 5. SMU in Year 2 was on track for NCAA until Foster and then Shake's injuries

Louisville and Maryland are in their last months of probation terms right now and are both competing for a final four this year.

It's not like it has not been done before - in fact SMU recently did it themselves.

SMU was on probation 2011-2013 for committing major violations.

One year later we SHOULD have been in the NCAA tournament when we were snubbed. Nonetheless, we proceeded to go 109-27 in the following 4 seasons with two tournament appearances and an NIT final.

All it took was the right coach.
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby horsemanx » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:39 pm

sadderbudweiser wrote:

Not for nothing hefe.... those Chad Morris quotes gotta go. :lol:

Don't worry. It won't be long until the Chad quotes are replaced with stuff about Kendric Davis.
An object at rest cannot be stopped!
horsemanx
All-American

Postby ponyboy » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:44 am

I’m now looking forward to Saturday night. I expect a decent crowd. We might get a little spark of Moody Magic going.
ponyboy

Postby PonyTime » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:20 am

Everyone remain calm....If we win our next 8 games, we have a shot at the NCAA tournament.

If we win 7 of 8, we have a shot at hosting an NIT game.

Yay! :roll:
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby AusTxPony » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:21 am

Nice Q and A with Nic Moore on the Rivals site if any of you have a subscription. Love that guy!
AusTxPony
Hall of Famer

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:53 pm

I suppose we can expect East to complain that any other coach would have guided this SMU team to an easy double figure win against Houston tonight. Has to be a tough pill for him to swallow but we all know the haters will be back soon
Charleston Pony

Postby shadowman » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:04 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:I suppose we can expect East to complain that any other coach would have guided this SMU team to an easy double figure win against Houston tonight. Has to be a tough pill for him to swallow but we all know the haters will be back soon

No, you will not see East until SMU loses, he never comes out on wins.
Probaly won't happen...BUT...maybe it will!!
shadowman
Hall of Famer

Postby mustangxc » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:36 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:I suppose we can expect East to complain that any other coach would have guided this SMU team to an easy double figure win against Houston tonight. Has to be a tough pill for him to swallow but we all know the haters will be back soon

I think he is too busy cheering on Mays to realize SMU won. He'll be back when we lose our next game though.
mustangxc

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:50 am

mustangxc wrote:

I think he is too busy cheering on Mays to realize SMU won. He'll be back when we lose our next game though.

Funny. Most here will look to the Temple and ECU games as “ shoulda won” games. But a few will still view this weeks two W’s as “shoulda losts.” As much as I would love to see us have better coaching.... no way.

Great job to the entire team...even Duncs!
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby mustangxc » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:31 pm

I think we should definitely have won the ECU game and given we were crushing Temple should have won that one too. The UConn game was a must win and the Houston game was a pick'em that we got lucky with Bandoumel's miracle shot. At least we are still in contention so I'll take it.
mustangxc

Postby JasonB » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:44 pm

Anyone would have taken top four in conference coming into the year...
JasonB

Postby SMUstang07 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:52 pm

JasonB wrote:Anyone would have taken top four in conference coming into the year...

Sure, but if we thought we were that good then the non-conference schedule would have been ripped even more. It has left us with win the conference or bust (tourney or regular season) for NCAAs.
SMUstang07
Varsity

Postby ponyboy » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:59 pm

Interesting that we're #67 in the NET rankings right now and 2-2 in Quad 1 games.
ponyboy

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball