PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

MBB vs. Houston game thread

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: MBB vs. Houston game thread

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:33 pm

Heck of a game and good to see Bandoumel redeem himself after a couple of bonehead plays (foul and turnover) late in regulation. Throws up a 3 point prayer that becomes the game winner. Good job playing D and not fouling at the end
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Lebanese4Life » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:35 pm

wow, crazy win.
Lebanese4Life
Hall of Famer

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:36 pm

Gutsy win by our guys. Looked to me like they just lost their legs in that 2nd half but managed to hang on in the end. After that hot shooting 1st half, they couldn't buy a three in 2nd half and missed wide open look after wide open look that could have put this one away. To their credit, they scored in the paint tonight and needed every point! I kept saying "just win by one" and I will be happy!
Charleston Pony

Postby mustangxc » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:37 pm

Crazy how the Jank haters hate him more than they love our team to the extent they can’t even celebrate a huge win.
mustangxc

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:41 pm

mustangxc wrote:Crazy how the Jank haters hate him more than they love our team to the extent they can’t even celebrate a huge win.

Only complaint I have is that we didn't get a good shot near the end of regulation after calling a TO with 9 seconds left on shot clock. That's a glaring difference between Jank and Larry Brown. I think he tried to rest Davis in 1st half to make sure he would be there in the end but same thing...Houston tried to take him out at crunch time. I thought Jolly really stepped up tonight.
Charleston Pony

Postby Hop Sing » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:42 pm

Fun game and great win! Nice to break the 5 game losing streak and our guys deserved the win. The foul on the 3 in regulation was certainly unfortunate, but they persevered
Hop Sing
Varsity

Postby Terry Webster » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:44 pm

Rewatching that shot by Bandoumel...amazing. Bet he couldn't do it again but it was great. Nice gutsy quad 1 win and only one game out of first.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mustangxc » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:48 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:
mustangxc wrote:Crazy how the Jank haters hate him more than they love our team to the extent they can’t even celebrate a huge win.

Only complaint I have is that we didn't get a good shot near the end of regulation after calling a TO with 9 seconds left on shot clock. That's a glaring difference between Jank and Larry Brown. I think he tried to rest Davis in 1st half to make sure he would be there in the end but same thing...Houston tried to take him out at crunch time. I thought Jolly really stepped up tonight.

Believe me, there is plenty to complain about in terms of coaching decisions and boneheaded fouls by Bandoumel and Davis. However, how can you not be very happy after a huge win against the best team in the conference?
mustangxc

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:50 pm

mustangxc wrote:
Charleston Pony wrote:

Believe me, there is plenty to complain about in terms of coaching decisions and boneheaded fouls by Bandoumel and Davis. However, how can you not be very happy after a huge win against the best team in the conference?

I'd like to think the Jank haters will be silenced...at least until this team loses another game!
Charleston Pony

Postby Hop Sing » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:06 pm

I don’t think Tim Jankovitch is the man for the job, but I never want SMU to lose. I hate the damage he’s done to the program, but I don’t hate him. I would love for him to prove me wrong and this would be a great year to prove it because we have the talent to beat any team in the conference in a down year.
Hop Sing
Varsity

Postby Junior » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:09 pm

We beat a ranked team. Can’t we just be happy til tomorrow?
Derail the Frogs!
Junior

Postby PlanoStang » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:09 pm

Yank Jank haters are delusional that LB or his evil twin that resides on our twin planet that orbits
the sun opposite so it is always hidden will come back to SMU if Jank is fired. :lol: :lol:
May the forth be with us.
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby tristatecoog » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:14 pm

Great atmosphere again. Great rivalry.
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby panhandle_pony » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:35 pm

Attendance??
panhandle_pony
All-American

Postby tristatecoog » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:42 pm

panhandle_pony wrote:Attendance??

5534 official attendance. High percentage of purchased ticket butts in seats.
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball