PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

A 24 point blown lead. End this charade

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

A 24 point blown lead. End this charade

Postby skyscraper » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:54 pm

I would love to see the boot lickers on the board defend that epic collapse.
If Jank is patrolling the court at Moody next season our donors and AD are truly a joke.
Image
User avatar
skyscraper
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5471
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:46 pm
Location: Dallas

Re: A 24 point blown lead. End this charade

Postby East Coast Mustang » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:57 pm

Yup.

Jank doesn’t care, and never has. Do Miller and the other big donors care? We’ll find out in a few weeks. Right now Jank is laughing at their stupidity while cashing their fat checks into his bank account.
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
User avatar
East Coast Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 7313
Joined: Sat May 21, 2005 8:35 am

Re: A 24 point blown lead. End this charade

Postby mustangxc » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:03 pm

I would go further saying I welcome a mass exodus.
User avatar
mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5803
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: San Juan, PR

Re: A 24 point blown lead. End this charade

Postby East Coast Mustang » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:05 pm

mustangxc wrote:I would go further saying I welcome a mass exodus.

Yes. This team has some nice pieces but it doesn’t matter as long as the Self-Imposed Janktion is patrolling the sidelines. If guys like Feron, Mike and Kendric transfer because we fire Jank, so be it. He has to go.
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
User avatar
East Coast Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 7313
Joined: Sat May 21, 2005 8:35 am

Re: A 24 point blown lead. End this charade

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:09 pm

We do what we do. If this administration and the financial backers care, Jank should be shown the door at the end of this season. Blowing big leads has become a characteristic of this team. I fully expect this team to fold and lose 2 games in Florida to finish the regular season at .500 and then probably lose a 1st round game in Ft Worth to add insult to injury.

If reaching the NCAA Tourney this year was in fact "the standard" for SMU hoops and that was how Jank's performance was going to be judged, his team has one final chance to bail him out but right now, I give this team the proverbial snowballs chance in hades of winning the AAC Tourney and auto bid.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 20474
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2000 3:01 am
Location: Stonebridge Golf Club, NC

Re: A 24 point blown lead. End this charade

Postby redpony » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:22 pm

he should be gone!! IMO there is no valid reason they should not let him go at the end of the year. He was given a contract in March 2016. Normal contracts are for 5 years (especially in the beginning). That means next year would be the end of his contract.
Our AD and big bucks supporters of bball can't buy his last year out??
If he is here next year this disaster will continue and the financial losses to the school will be substantial because people don't want to watch garbage games. Next year I expect Moody will be almost totally empty.
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 9830
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:44 am
Location: on the beach,northern Peru

Re: A 24 point blown lead. End this charade

Postby Mustangsabu » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:28 pm

redpony wrote:he should be gone!! IMO there is no valid reason they should not let him go at the end of the year. He was given a contract in March 2016. Normal contracts are for 5 years (especially in the beginning). That means next year would be the end of his contract.
Our AD and big bucks supporters of bball can't buy his last year out??
If he is here next year this disaster will continue and the financial losses to the school will be substantial because people don't want to watch garbage games. Next year I expect Moody will be almost totally empty.
How shocking?! Other people aren’t willing to spend $$ to please you?

This is why people hate SMU.... it’s embarrassing


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mustangs Abu!
User avatar
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend
 
Posts: 4419
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: A 24 point blown lead. End this charade

Postby East Coast Mustang » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:40 pm

I would much rather watch a team in total rebuild go 16-14 next year with a coach who cares and will actually put in effort rather than Jank and this team stumbled around and go 21-9 and make the NIT.
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
User avatar
East Coast Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 7313
Joined: Sat May 21, 2005 8:35 am

Re: A 24 point blown lead. End this charade

Postby Mustangsabu » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:47 pm

East Coast Mustang wrote:I would much rather watch a team in total rebuild go 16-14 next year with a coach who cares and will actually put in effort rather than Jank and this team stumbled around and go 21-9 and make the NIT.
And who is that coach?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mustangs Abu!
User avatar
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend
 
Posts: 4419
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: A 24 point blown lead. End this charade

Postby redpony » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:50 pm

Mustangsabu wrote: Other people aren’t willing to spend $$ to please you?
This is why people hate SMU.... it’s embarrassing


My opinion is that when you make a commitment it is a commitment. Kinda like marriage. You support the system in the thick and the thin.
If you can't live up to the commitment then butt out. No, I don't have millers money and I doubt if many on this site do, however we expect those who do to support the system and not hide when going get tough. Of course, your background may be very different hence you support losers. Have a nice weekend and enjoy your loss.
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 9830
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:44 am
Location: on the beach,northern Peru

Re: A 24 point blown lead. End this charade

Postby East Coast Mustang » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:04 pm

Mustangsabu wrote:
East Coast Mustang wrote:I would much rather watch a team in total rebuild go 16-14 next year with a coach who cares and will actually put in effort rather than Jank and this team stumbled around and go 21-9 and make the NIT.
And who is that coach?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just off the top of my head...

Kyle Keller at SFA
Grant McCasland at UNT
Steve Forbes at East Tennessee

There is no shortage of coaches who would take a job that pays seven figures with great facilities in a good conference. Oh and you get to live in Highland Park
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
User avatar
East Coast Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 7313
Joined: Sat May 21, 2005 8:35 am

Re: A 24 point blown lead. End this charade

Postby Arkpony » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:48 pm

Blew a 24 Point lead with 14 minutes remaining! I still can't believe it.
Long live Inez Perez!
User avatar
Arkpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5100
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2003 4:01 am
Location: Little Rock, AR USA

Re: A 24 point blown lead. End this charade

Postby Glenn Sosbee » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:27 pm

I remember when the great Larry Brown came to SMU and the very first thing he did was bring PG Jeremiah Samarrippas into his office and told him he wasn’t good enough to play for him. Plain and simple. LB told him SMU would honor his scholarship but he would no longer be a part of the basketball team.
To his credit, Samarrippas accepted coach Brown’s decision and I guess moved on.
I hope whoever replaces Tank has the same conversation with Ethan Chargois.
Pony P-1
User avatar
Glenn Sosbee
Varsity
 
Posts: 490
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: Dallas

Re: A 24 point blown lead. End this charade

Postby East Coast Mustang » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:51 pm

Glenn Sosbee wrote:I remember when the great Larry Brown came to SMU and the very first thing he did was bring PG Jeremiah Samarrippas into his office and told him he wasn’t good enough to play for him. Plain and simple. LB told him SMU would honor his scholarship but he would no longer be a part of the basketball team.
To his credit, Samarrippas accepted coach Brown’s decision and I guess moved on.
I hope whoever replaces Tank has the same conversation with Ethan Chargois.

To be fair, there’s at least two guys who our hypothetical next coach would need to have that conversation with before Chargois.

Chargois seems to me like a victim of Jank’s soft, effortless coaching style. When he got here as a freshman he looked like an all-conference talent those first few games...and he has not developed at all since.
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
User avatar
East Coast Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 7313
Joined: Sat May 21, 2005 8:35 am

Re: A 24 point blown lead. End this charade

Postby Mustangsabu » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:36 am

redpony wrote:
Mustangsabu wrote: Other people aren’t willing to spend $$ to please you?
This is why people hate SMU.... it’s embarrassing


My opinion is that when you make a commitment it is a commitment. Kinda like marriage. You support the system in the thick and the thin.
If you can't live up to the commitment then butt out. No, I don't have millers money and I doubt if many on this site do, however we expect those who do to support the system and not hide when going get tough. Of course, your background may be very different hence you support losers. Have a nice weekend and enjoy your loss.
I support things I care about. For reasons that I care about. That is commitment. It the self gratifying nonsense you spout.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mustangs Abu!
User avatar
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend
 
Posts: 4419
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Next

Return to Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SMUer and 20 guests