PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

A simple yes or no answer...what's your prediction?

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: A simple yes or no answer...what's your prediction?

Postby Arkpony » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:47 pm

Agreed!
Long live Inez Perez!
User avatar
Arkpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5109
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2003 4:01 am
Location: Little Rock, AR USA

Re: A simple yes or no answer...what's your prediction?

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:20 am

https://video-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t42 ... e=5E67ACA0

Little Ricky, better say this to Tiny Tim.
User avatar
ALEX LIFESON
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 10447
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2003 3:01 am
Location: GARLAND

Re: A simple yes or no answer...what's your prediction?

Postby redpony » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:56 am

PonySnob wrote:No
Image


TODAY GLOBAL EQUITIES UP SUBSTANTIALLY - DJIA UP OVER 600 AT OPEN. CYCLE WILL RETURN UPWARDS.

TIME TO PROCEED WITH GETTING A NEW BBALL COACH IF OUR MONEY SUPPORTERS HAVE NOT ABANDONED THE PROGRAM,,,
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 9883
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:44 am
Location: on the beach,northern Peru

Re: A simple yes or no answer...what's your prediction?

Postby PonySnob » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:18 am

redpony wrote:
PonySnob wrote:No
Image


TODAY GLOBAL EQUITIES UP SUBSTANTIALLY - DJIA UP OVER 600 AT OPEN. CYCLE WILL RETURN UPWARDS.

TIME TO PROCEED WITH GETTING A NEW BBALL COACH IF OUR MONEY SUPPORTERS HAVE NOT ABANDONED THE PROGRAM,,,
Need oil to be at least $50-55//bbl
Peruna is my mascot!
User avatar
PonySnob
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 11501
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 4:01 am
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: A simple yes or no answer...what's your prediction?

Postby redpony » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:36 am

PonySnob wrote:Need oil to be at least $50-55//bbl

Not going to happen anytime soon. Currency wars have turned into commodity wars. yep-blame the russians. It is what it is.

This is a classic example of why we will not get moved up in the next p-5 reshuffle. We have no big $$ supporters who will step up when times are tough. The debacle of this program and it's incompetent charlatan of a coach is there for all to see and the p-5 conferences don't want schools with just pretenses, they want schools who want championship teams that will drive revenue.

I seriously doubt if Timman Fertitta (U of H) withdraws his support when his monthly restaurant sales
fall off or he doesn't sell his quota or Rolls Royces for one month. Some supporters are totally committed. Ours seem to be questionable as best..
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 9883
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:44 am
Location: on the beach,northern Peru

Re: A simple yes or no answer...what's your prediction?

Postby Mustangsabu » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:18 pm

redpony wrote:
PonySnob wrote:Need oil to be at least $50-55//bbl

Not going to happen anytime soon. Currency wars have turned into commodity wars. yep-blame the russians. It is what it is.

This is a classic example of why we will not get moved up in the next p-5 reshuffle. We have no big $$ supporters who will step up when times are tough. The debacle of this program and it's incompetent charlatan of a coach is there for all to see and the p-5 conferences don't want schools with just pretenses, they want schools who want championship teams that will drive revenue.

I seriously doubt if Timman Fertitta (U of H) withdraws his support when his monthly restaurant sales
fall off or he doesn't sell his quota or Rolls Royces for one month. Some supporters are totally committed. Ours seem to be questionable as best..
I’d love to see you tell David Miller that to his face.

Does spending other people’s money ever get old?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mustangs Abu!
User avatar
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend
 
Posts: 4419
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: A simple yes or no answer...what's your prediction?

Postby redpony » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:08 pm

Mustangsabu wrote:
I’d love to see you tell David Miller that to his face.
Does spending other people’s money ever get old?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

ok- I would absolutely have NO problem saying that to his face. Plus if I had his money/assets
that charlatan clown of a coach would have been gone last year!!!!
IIRC cougar high fired a fball coach with a winning record because he didn't win a championship. That is why they will probably be selected to move up some day. Meanwhile our AD and his supporters embrace mediocrity and worse.

enjoy your favorite coach for another disasterous year, you and all of his little minions.
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 9883
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:44 am
Location: on the beach,northern Peru

Re: A simple yes or no answer...what's your prediction?

Postby PonyLaw90 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:48 pm

In the immortal words of Clubber Lang when asked about his prediction for
His fight with Rocky Balboa- “Prediction? ..,(pause)...,Pain”
PonyLaw90
Varsity
 
Posts: 311
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:16 pm

Re: A simple yes or no answer...what's your prediction?

Postby EastStang » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:11 pm

Actually, I think the Saudi's are trying to bankrupt Russia. And all of them are worried that we're not buying their oil. We should stock up now and run them dry while the prices are low. Then we'll control the oil.
"Student Athletes, so that's what you call your slaves" - Eric Cartman 2011
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 11094
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2002 4:01 am

Re: A simple yes or no answer...what's your prediction?

Postby redpony » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:21 pm

EastStang wrote:Actually, I think the Saudi's are trying to bankrupt Russia. And all of them are worried that we're not buying their oil. We should stock up now and run them dry while the prices are low. Then we'll control the oil.


and the best way to start is to stop exporting our oil.
IMO the Saudis may have their hands full . In spite of our sanctions the Russian economy is doing very well, posting surpluses, buying gold (plus keeping their own) etc. and it is probably in better shape than our own economy. In addition they seem to have built a good relationship/treaties with China..
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 9883
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:44 am
Location: on the beach,northern Peru

Re: A simple yes or no answer...what's your prediction?

Postby PonyLaw90 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:50 pm

EastStang wrote:Actually, I think the Saudi's are trying to bankrupt Russia. And all of them are worried that we're not buying their oil. We should stock up now and run them dry while the prices are low. Then we'll control the oil.


I think Russia is sending Trump a not so subtle message about U.S. production, our vulnerability with the coronavirus, and the likelihood of a second term. Meantime today, Russia took steps to ensure Putin controls the strings for years to come. Russia, Russia, Russia.
PonyLaw90
Varsity
 
Posts: 311
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:16 pm

Re: A simple yes or no answer...what's your prediction?

Postby b_caesar » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:56 pm

Wait a minit.

What?

I thought I was coming here to answer a simple yes/no question about Jank, and it seems I've wandered into a some esoteric discussion about Russia's economy & Saudi oil prices?

Image
Don't worry. Be Happy. Or not.
User avatar
b_caesar
Heisman
 
Posts: 1521
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:17 pm
Location: North America

Re: A simple yes or no answer...what's your prediction?

Postby SoCal_Pony » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:23 pm

Mustangsabu wrote:
redpony wrote:
PonySnob wrote:Need oil to be at least $50-55//bbl

Not going to happen anytime soon. Currency wars have turned into commodity wars. yep-blame the russians. It is what it is.

This is a classic example of why we will not get moved up in the next p-5 reshuffle. We have no big $$ supporters who will step up when times are tough. The debacle of this program and it's incompetent charlatan of a coach is there for all to see and the p-5 conferences don't want schools with just pretenses, they want schools who want championship teams that will drive revenue.

I seriously doubt if Timman Fertitta (U of H) withdraws his support when his monthly restaurant sales
fall off or he doesn't sell his quota or Rolls Royces for one month. Some supporters are totally committed. Ours seem to be questionable as best..
I’d love to see you tell David Miller that to his face.

Does spending other people’s money ever get old?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Given the depth of wealth among so many of our alumni, it is unfortunate that SMU has to be reliant on 1 single person, who btw has been extraordinarily generous.

No one should ever criticize David Miller.
User avatar
SoCal_Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5450
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2003 4:01 am
Location: Newport Beach, CA

Re: A simple yes or no answer...what's your prediction?

Postby used to be 2 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:27 pm

No reason to question David Miller. He has been more than generous. He totally knows the issue and has information this board does not have a clue about in making decisions.
used to be 2
Junior Varsity
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:47 pm

Re: A simple yes or no answer...what's your prediction?

Postby MustangStealth » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:37 am

No. People would laugh at us if we fired a coach after potentially a 20 win season. We're SMU not UNC.
User avatar
MustangStealth
PonyFans.com Legend
 
Posts: 4049
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2001 4:01 am
Location: Ford Stadium, as often as possible

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

 
cron