PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Silver linings

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Silver linings

Postby malonish » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:50 pm

Due to cancellations we won't squander any more double digit leads in 7 minutes this year.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

Image
User avatar
malonish
PonyFans.com Legend
 
Posts: 3406
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:42 am
Location: Nope

Re: Silver linings

Postby JoeKidd » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:56 am

malonish wrote:Due to cancellations we won't squander any more double digit leads in 7 minutes this year.


This is the only positive to come out of this overblown hysteria.
#1 Day At A Time
User avatar
JoeKidd
Heisman
 
Posts: 1664
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:41 am

Re: Silver linings

Postby Terry Webster » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:07 pm

JoeKidd wrote:
malonish wrote:Due to cancellations we won't squander any more double digit leads in 7 minutes this year.


This is the only positive to come out of this overblown hysteria.

If you have a suppressed immune system like my wife (cancer) and me (heart) this sure as hell isn't overblown . We enjoy living and would like to for a few more years
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend
 
Posts: 3308
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 4:01 am
Location: Fort Thomas, KY

Re: Silver linings

Postby Mustangsabu » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:06 am

Terry Webster wrote:
JoeKidd wrote:
malonish wrote:Due to cancellations we won't squander any more double digit leads in 7 minutes this year.


This is the only positive to come out of this overblown hysteria.

If you have a suppressed immune system like my wife (cancer) and me (heart) this sure as hell isn't overblown . We enjoy living and would like to for a few more years
Please do. We’d like you both around some more.

This is a community effort.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mustangs Abu!
User avatar
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend
 
Posts: 4419
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: Silver linings

Postby mr. pony » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:00 am

Terry Webster wrote:
JoeKidd wrote:
malonish wrote:Due to cancellations we won't squander any more double digit leads in 7 minutes this year.


This is the only positive to come out of this overblown hysteria.

If you have a suppressed immune system like my wife (cancer) and me (heart) this sure as hell isn't overblown . We enjoy living and would like to for a few more years


So avoid crowds.

The rest of the USA should not have SHUT DOWN, trashing our economy and making this much worse than it needed to be.
That’s what he meant by “overblown hysteria.”

(Best to you and your wife.)
mr. pony
PonyFans.com Legend
 
Posts: 4541
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:24 pm

Re: Silver linings

Postby mustangxc » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:03 am

It's not a big deal if you are a salaried employee but if you are part-time or depend on appointments then you are screwed as people are canceling appointments left and right.
User avatar
mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5803
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: San Juan, PR

Re: Silver linings

Postby mr. pony » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:05 am

mustangxc wrote:It's not a big deal if you are a salaried employee but if you are part-time or depend on appointments then you are screwed as people are canceling appointments left and right.


Yep
mr. pony
PonyFans.com Legend
 
Posts: 4541
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:24 pm

Re: Silver linings

Postby mrydel » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:57 am

The sport I am still enjoying is horse racing through the OaklawnAnywhere app. Racing world wide. I am amazed they have not shut them down with not only the close crowds, and horses and crews shipping in from all over, but they also have a full casino which has to be a breeding place for germs.

But for me it is still an outlet for sports and a way to lose all my money. Hoping they remain open.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
User avatar
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 31478
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2003 4:01 am
Location: Sherwood,AR,USA

Re: Silver linings

Postby ponypatrick » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:27 am

JoeKidd wrote:
malonish wrote:Due to cancellations we won't squander any more double digit leads in 7 minutes this year.


This is the only positive to come out of this overblown hysteria.




Thank you , Mr. Trump ! Now go on back to your Lago set.
ponypatrick
Varsity
 
Posts: 380
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:54 pm
Location: Alamogordo , N.M.

Re: Silver linings

Postby Arkpony » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:57 pm

Mrydel-
I thought they restricted the crowds at Oaklawn track but are keeping the races? Also noted that the casino will keep running full blast!
Long live Inez Perez!
User avatar
Arkpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5100
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2003 4:01 am
Location: Little Rock, AR USA

Re: Silver linings

Postby mrydel » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:03 pm

Arkpony wrote:Mrydel-
I thought they restricted the crowds at Oaklawn track but are keeping the races? Also noted that the casino will keep running full blast!
You are exactly right. I just noticed the program says no spectators allowed so I stand corrected.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
User avatar
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 31478
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2003 4:01 am
Location: Sherwood,AR,USA

Re: Silver linings

Postby SoCal_Pony » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:21 pm

Over the past 10 years, the US has averaged some 40,000 deaths per year and 550,000 hospitalizations due the flu.

The CDC is currently projecting there will be 200,000 to 1,700,000 deaths and between 2,400,000 to 24,000,000 hospitalizations due to Coronavirus.

So this is not a typical flu.

If we do nothing, we run a much greater risk of having our hospitals overwhelmed and our death rates much higher.

Interesting fact. Russia, one of China’s few Allies who also shares the longest border with them, was the 1st country to completely stop travel to and from China. As of today, Russia, a country of 150 million, has 47 cases of Coronavirus. Halfway around the world from Ground Zero, the US has 2,500 cases. Eventually, Russia will probably get rates similar to the US, but by taking preventive measures now, they are in a much better position to manage it.
User avatar
SoCal_Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5429
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2003 4:01 am
Location: Newport Beach, CA

Re: Silver linings

Postby mr. pony » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:35 pm

SoCal_Pony wrote:Over the past 10 years, the US has averaged some 40,000 deaths per year and 550,000 hospitalizations due the flu.

The CDC is currently projecting there will be 200,000 to 1,700,000 deaths and between 2,400,000 to 24,000,000 hospitalizations due to Coronavirus.

So this is not a typical flu.

If we do nothing, we run a much greater risk of having our hospitals overwhelmed and our death rates much higher.

Interesting fact. Russia, one of China’s few Allies who also shares the longest border with them, was the 1st country to completely stop travel to and from China. As of today, Russia, a country of 150 million, has 47 cases of Coronavirus. Halfway around the world from Ground Zero, the US has 2,500 cases. Eventually, Russia will probably get rates similar to the US, but by taking preventive measures now, they are in a much better position to manage it.


Nobody is suggesting doing nothing.
Just - get a grip.

They’ve CLOSED Mt. Everest?!?
Are you kidding me??
mr. pony
PonyFans.com Legend
 
Posts: 4541
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:24 pm

Re: Silver linings

Postby mr. pony » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:37 pm

SoCal_Pony wrote:Over the past 10 years, the US has averaged some 40,000 deaths per year and 550,000 hospitalizations due the flu.

The CDC is currently projecting there will be 200,000 to 1,700,000 deaths and between 2,400,000 to 24,000,000 hospitalizations due to Coronavirus.

So this is not a typical flu.

If we do nothing, we run a much greater risk of having our hospitals overwhelmed and our death rates much higher.

Interesting fact. Russia, one of China’s few Allies who also shares the longest border with them, was the 1st country to completely stop travel to and from China. As of today, Russia, a country of 150 million, has 47 cases of Coronavirus. Halfway around the world from Ground Zero, the US has 2,500 cases. Eventually, Russia will probably get rates similar to the US, but by taking preventive measures now, they are in a much better position to manage it.


We stopped travel with China early on as well.
(And wait - you believe Russia’s numbers?)
mr. pony
PonyFans.com Legend
 
Posts: 4541
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:24 pm

Re: Silver linings

Postby One Trick Pony » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:44 pm

There are millions of people with Corona virus everywhere they just don't know they have it. They can't test every single human on Earth.

With a wife and family members working in hospitals they are on the front lines of what reality is, overrun with freaked out people that have a cold or allergies overburdening the system with hysteria.

There are 360000 people's born each day on planet Earth and only a 150000 die.

I've been on over 40 cruises so I'm a germ freak I continually wash my hands and use my shirt to open doors before anything ever happened - I also fist bump people rather than shake hands which pisses some people off - I use knuckles on elevator buttons and I can still get it , that's why I went to the gym and the bar.
User avatar
One Trick Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 9698
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:17 pm

Next

Return to Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 31 guests