PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Isiaha Mike enters his name in NBA draft

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Isiaha Mike enters his name in NBA draft

Postby mustangxc » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:27 pm

Per his Twitter:

“After speaking with my coaches and family, I’ve made the decision to enter my name into the NBA draft. I’d like to thank everyone who has supported me on my journey, because I wouldn’t be who I am without all of you.”

As great as it would be to have multiple players drafted, I don’t see a single one getting drafted considering the dramatic way we lost our last several games.
mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Isiaha Mike enters his name in NBA draft

Postby tristatecoog » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:06 pm

Which of the three will hire agents? Are all just “testing the waters”?
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby Casey » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:57 pm

Got to think they're testing the waters.
If any of these guys leave, is it safe to say they're replaced by transfers, rather than freshmen?
Looks like a ton of players open to moving.

Davis is the one I'd like back the most, but I hope Hunt and Mike are back, too.
Once a Mustang, ALWAYS a Mustang!
Casey
All-American

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:55 am

Isn't Mike married? He might not have NBA talent but I could see him playing somewhere internationally and doing so for years. I assumed his declaration was the most likely of anyone on this year's roster. Next season is looking pretty bleak right now!
Charleston Pony

Postby Shetland » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:06 pm

the only one I'm worried about is Davis being an academic casualty. If the other guys have an opportunity to get paid playing basket ball they should go. Heard Markus Kennedy say LB gave him bad advice coming back for his 5th yr.
Shetland
Scout Team

Postby East Coast Mustang » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:57 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:Isn't Mike married? He might not have NBA talent but I could see him playing somewhere internationally and doing so for years. I assumed his declaration was the most likely of anyone on this year's roster. Next season is looking pretty bleak right now!

It was always looking bleak with Jokeovich coming back as head coach
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby JasonB » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:11 am

Davis is an academic casualty. The others, if they have the opportunity to get feedback prior to withdrawing from the draft, the message will be that they need to improve their physicality and defense to succeed in the NBA. Hopefully that message hits home going into next year. The body of Hunt and Mike both project to a three-and-D player in the NBA, and they both have quite a bit of work to do in order to get there.
JasonB

Postby East Coast Mustang » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:00 pm

LOL if even Davis is gone and Jank is back this team will be a [deleted] disaster next season
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby Terry Webster » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:46 pm

JasonB wrote:Davis is an academic casualty. The others, if they have the opportunity to get feedback prior to withdrawing from the draft, the message will be that they need to improve their physicality and defense to succeed in the NBA. Hopefully that message hits home going into next year. The body of Hunt and Mike both project to a three-and-D player in the NBA, and they both have quite a bit of work to do in order to get there.

Davis just announced on twitter that he will be back so I guess his academics are in order. And it is going to be really tough for the other two to get evaluated with all of the virus stuff going on. It is a whole new world out there.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:14 am

Mike is likely to be back as well, but he has the additional pressure of providing for his family

https://www.smudailycampus.com/sports/d ... and-future
Charleston Pony

Return to Basketball