PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

The scheme

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

The scheme

Postby Arkpony » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:32 pm

For an in depth look at the recent college basketball scandal, and a strong indictment of some major programs and the NCAA, watch “The Scheme” currently showing on HBO. Incredible.
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: The scheme

Postby Dukie » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:46 pm

Yep. It's one thing to know some of those things were recorded. Actually hearing the audio...wow.
Dukie
Heisman

Postby JasonB » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:09 am

If NCAA doesn't force Arizona and LSU to fire the coaches and put them under significant sanctions, SMU should absolutely sue the hell out of the NCAA and use this documentary as evidence.

That program was incredible. I'm not sure which organization it more hurts the credibility of, the FBI or the NCAA.
JasonB

Postby SoCal_Pony » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:48 pm

Hmmm, let’s see here,

If you take the Top 33 teams from the past 30 years, that’s 1,000 unique teams.

I’m going out on a limb here and say of those 1,000 teams, over 950 cheated in one form or another (academically, financially or otherwise).

So when these documentaries, news articles, interviews invariably pop up revealing some of the true nature of things, I’m always surprised at the reaction of so many who are shocked, shocked to find out that cheating goes on here.

The NCAA tourney alone generates over $1B in revenues. The players get none of this. But let’s fire the HC of LSU to maintain some of the ‘dignity’ of amateur athletics. Sure, that works for me :roll: :roll:
SoCal_Pony

Return to Basketball