PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

NBL's Phoenix sign American forward Moore

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

NBL's Phoenix sign American forward Moore

Postby AfricanMustang » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:27 am

Former NBA big man Ben Moore has signed with South East Melbourne Phoenix for the next NBL season.

The 203cm American forward spent the past three years in NBA and NBA G-League roles after a four-year college career at Southern Methodist University.

He made two brief NBA appearances for the Indiana Pacers during the 2017-18 season.

Moore, who has signed a one-year NBL deal, described himself as a "blue collar" player who will bring toughness to the Phoenix line-up under head coach Simon Mitchell.

"I'm going to play as hard as I can every game," the 25-year-old Moore said.

"Defensively, I'm going to bring a lot to the team and I'm going to try to embody the (team) culture. I'm going to bring it every day to practice.

"I'm just going to have a great work ethic and take things as they come ... doing what I can for the team."

Moore is the first import signed to the South East Melbourne roster for the expansion club's second NBL season.

Only two import slots are permitted for each NBL team under new league rules.

Moore has been slated to play at centre and both forward spots, and is expected to arrive in Melbourne next month to join pre-season training.

"He came extremely recommended," Mitchell said.

"Larry Brown coached him in college and rated him the best team-player he's ever coached.

"When you get an NBA Hall of Famer talking up a kid like that then you take notice.

"I think he's a bit of a Swiss army knife in that he can perform multiple roles."

The NBL's 2020-21 season was expected to start in October but has twice been postponed because of the COVID-19 pandemic.

The league is targeting a mid-January tip-off, though an exact start date is yet to be confirmed.

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/nbls-phoeni ... --spt.html
“Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.”
― C.G. Jung
AfricanMustang
Varsity

Re: NBL's Phoenix sign American forward Moore

Postby HorsePower » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:59 pm

Good for Ben. He's one of my favorite Mustangs in recent years.
HorsePower
Heisman

Return to Basketball