PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Robberts and Killen

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Robberts and Killen

Postby LA_Mustang » Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:56 pm

Nimitz lost their last game of the year and failed to make the playoffs. Roberts finished his stellar senior season averaging 28 pts a game and leading the Houston area in scoring. It takes a very talented young man to accomplish that!

Jon Killen's Arlington Martin squad finished district play at 10-2 and tied for 1st in Arlington's 5A district.

Congrats to both Derrick and Jon (good luck in the playoffs!) for having a great senior season and we look forward to seeing you play at SMU next year.
LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Hoop Fan » Thu Feb 19, 2004 6:55 pm

I ask this out of ignorance, but how does a team with the caliber athletes Nimitz has had miss the playoffs? I can't wait for Roberts to get here, Killen too. And Killen sounds like a dish first guy, might be the perfect complement to Roberts scoring style.
Hoop Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby giacfsp » Fri Feb 20, 2004 6:47 pm

Like most PonyFans, I'd love to see more scoring balance from the post, but if we're going to be a perimeter-based team, it sounds like these are two pretty high-caliber additions.
giacfsp
Heisman

Return to Basketball