PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Difference in culture

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Difference in culture

Postby ponyswim » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:36 pm

If someone goes thru the Senior Day ceremony that means their plans are to leave. Plans can change, but I would think they are gone.
ponyswim
Varsity

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:27 pm

ponyswim wrote:Time for Ethan to move on I think. Sounds like it is time for that group to move on, and hopefully there will be some transfers that want to come to Dallas.

A couple of years ago some thought Chargois might leave early for other reasons!

If this many players are really leaving it will be a great opportunity for Coach Jankovich to show how he can reconfigure a roster both quickly and efficiently to be able to handle potential situations in the future where we do have a constant stream of players leaving early for the NBA.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mustangxc » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:13 pm

JasonB wrote:
SMUguy wrote:Seniors: Jasey, Jolly, Chargois
Juniors: Davis, Bandoumel, Hunt, McNeill, Anei, Douglas, Ray

I assume they won't all leave. Then again, talk about a believable offer of immediate playing time.

Chargois, Jasey, Jolly, Ray, and Douglas all took part in the virtual senior day yesterday. With all of them having the choice to come back, I am pretty surprised that they all chose to leave.

It looks like Jasey is coming back.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/smu-m ... nd-roster/
mustangxc

Postby East Coast Mustang » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:16 am

mustangxc wrote:
JasonB wrote:
SMUguy wrote:Seniors: Jasey, Jolly, Chargois
Juniors: Davis, Bandoumel, Hunt, McNeill, Anei, Douglas, Ray

I assume they won't all leave. Then again, talk about a believable offer of immediate playing time.

Chargois, Jasey, Jolly, Ray, and Douglas all took part in the virtual senior day yesterday. With all of them having the choice to come back, I am pretty surprised that they all chose to leave.

It looks like Jasey is coming back.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/smu-m ... nd-roster/

LOL. Get excited to see us feed him down low 10 times a game next year - he’ll go 1-5 with 5 turnovers. Renew your season tickets today!
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby ponyswim » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:19 pm

Hopefully Jasey's role is 15 minutes, 3-4 rebounds, solid defense, no turnovers. More than that is he is going to have to show a level of improvement that we have not seen (yet).
ponyswim
Varsity

Previous

Return to Basketball