PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Transfer Portal

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Transfer Portal

Postby Terry Webster » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:21 pm

As of today, 5(!) UCincinnati players have entered the portal. Not sure if they are being recruited over or what. But that is a lot.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Re: Transfer Portal

Postby Hoofprint » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:27 am

Which 5? They have several players I'd be more than happy to move to Dallas.
Hoofprint
All-American

Postby Terry Webster » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:26 pm

Up to 6 now.

Freshman guard Mason Madsen on Wednesday became the latest player on Cincinnati coach John Brannen's 2020-21 roster to announce his decision to enter the portal.

The 6-foot-4 Rochester, Minnesota, native joined fellow UC freshmen Tari Eason, Mike Saunders Jr. and Gabe Madsen, Mason's twin brother, and sophomore guard Zach Harvey and redshirt junior Mamoudou Diarra, who all either entered the portal or announced their intention to do so in the past three days.

More:Cincinnati Bearcats freshman guard Mike Saunders Jr. to enter transfer portal
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:21 am

I would hope SMU will become active in the transfer portal once we know who might be leaving vs who might return. If Jasey and Chaggy both move on, we know this team is going to have a need for big men. If Hunt joins them, it really becomes critical. I see that USF has 4 guys in the portal and Memphis has a couple as well. Recruiting really is becoming more and more like free agency in professional sports
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:10 am

I was hoping Kyler Edwards might "come home" to replace Tyson Jolly but appears he's staying at Tech. Jank & staff have their work cut out for them in building next season's roster but SMU is certainly not alone in that predicament.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Basketball