PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

The Rick Hart stimulus package

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: The Rick Hart stimulus package

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:34 pm

mustangxc wrote:Houston has an amazing president and a solid athletic director, something I wish SMU had.

Exactly.
Shake It Off Moody
User avatar
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 16039
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2000 3:01 am
Location: The 214

Re: The Rick Hart stimulus package

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:47 am

Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:Really? How could Turner and Hart do this to Smu fans?

More "just wait...it'll get better down the road!"

Hell...I'll be drinking Ensure instead of Makers by the time we ever get there!


Image


Little Ricky Hart is a disaster.
User avatar
ALEX LIFESON
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 10600
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2003 3:01 am
Location: GARLAND

Re: The Rick Hart stimulus package

Postby lwjr » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:27 pm

mustangxc wrote:Houston has an amazing president and a solid athletic director, something I wish SMU had.
And Tillman Fertitta


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GO MUSTANGS!
lwjr
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 8160
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:37 pm
Location: Midland, Texas

Re: The Rick Hart stimulus package

Postby mustangxc » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:23 pm

Tillman is a double-edged sword. I'd appreciate his money but he is an idiot when it comes to sports.
User avatar
mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 6286
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: San Juan, PR

Re: The Rick Hart stimulus package

Postby East Coast Mustang » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:59 pm

mustangxc wrote:Tillman is a double-edged sword. I'd appreciate his money but he is an idiot when it comes to sports.

Tillman pays Kelvin Sampson $3M a year. We pay Jank just over $2M a year. Who’s the idiot?
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
User avatar
East Coast Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 7396
Joined: Sat May 21, 2005 8:35 am

Re: The Rick Hart stimulus package

Postby redpony » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:18 am

East Coast Mustang wrote:
Tillman pays Kelvin Sampson $3M a year. We pay Jank just over $2M a year. Who’s the idiot?


plus if Sampson performed at the same level as excusa-vich he would be gone in a heartbeart. meanwhile on the hilltop the crickets chirp, our idiot AD ponders his naval and our bball program is racing to the bottom faster than the Titanic.
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 9964
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:44 am
Location: on the beach,northern Peru

Re: The Rick Hart stimulus package

Postby mustangxc » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:34 am

East Coast Mustang wrote:
mustangxc wrote:Tillman is a double-edged sword. I'd appreciate his money but he is an idiot when it comes to sports.

Tillman pays Kelvin Sampson $3M a year. We pay Jank just over $2M a year. Who’s the idiot?


How much is Tillman paying Dana Holgorsen and how much are we paying Sonny Dykes? Didn't he say 8 wins gets you fired at UH? How many games has Holgorsen won the last couple seasons? How are the Houston Rockets doing under his ownership? He ran away the GM and subsequently coach and star player. He has a lot of money but not too many usable neurons.
User avatar
mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 6286
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: San Juan, PR

Re: The Rick Hart stimulus package

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:24 am

mustangxc wrote:How much is Tillman paying Dana Holgorsen and how much are we paying Sonny Dykes? Didn't he say 8 wins gets you fired at UH? How many games has Holgorsen won the last couple seasons? How are the Houston Rockets doing under his ownership? He ran away the GM and subsequently coach and star player. He has a lot of money but not too many usable neurons.

I think I could handle a few missteps along the way in exchange for making the Final Four.
Shake It Off Moody
User avatar
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 16039
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2000 3:01 am
Location: The 214

Re: The Rick Hart stimulus package

Postby redpony » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:29 am

especially when our bball program is lucky to make the final 4 in our conference championship on occasion.
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 9964
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:44 am
Location: on the beach,northern Peru

Re: The Rick Hart stimulus package

Postby mustangxc » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:48 am

DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:
mustangxc wrote:How much is Tillman paying Dana Holgorsen and how much are we paying Sonny Dykes? Didn't he say 8 wins gets you fired at UH? How many games has Holgorsen won the last couple seasons? How are the Houston Rockets doing under his ownership? He ran away the GM and subsequently coach and star player. He has a lot of money but not too many usable neurons.

I think I could handle a few missteps along the way in exchange for making the Final Four.


I don't think he factored into the decision to hire Sampson. His money has been a big factor in retaining him though. His money is very helpful. He's just much more arrogant than he is smart.
User avatar
mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 6286
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: San Juan, PR

Re: The Rick Hart stimulus package

Postby redpony » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:30 pm

yes, Tillman is arrogant but to say he is not smart is totally incorrect. He started with virtually nothing and has as much or more wealth than any of our 'big guys', especially those who used to support our bball program. He is also much more interested in seeing cougar high be successful than our $$boosters.
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 9964
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:44 am
Location: on the beach,northern Peru

Previous

Return to Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests