PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Mavericks sign Feron Hunt

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Mavericks sign Feron Hunt

Postby PonyPride » Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:06 am

Per the Mavs' Twitter account:

Mavs PR
@MavsPR

The Dallas Mavericks have signed rookie free agents Feron Hunt, Carlik Jones and EJ Onu.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Mavericks sign Feron Hunt

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:37 am

Good for him. Have to love Feron's energy and playing professionally will allow him to work [deleted] the areas he really needs to improve on.
Charleston Pony

Postby shadowman » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:32 pm

I hardly follow the NBA, I will watch the Mavericks in the playoffs, but that is about it. Like to spend all my time on College Basketball.

From someone more knowledgeable than me, what does "Mavericks sign Feron Hunt" mean, does is mean he pretty much has a roster spot or does it mean he will go to training camp with a chance at a roster spot, but most likely a practice squad position throughout the year?

Thanks in advance!
Probaly won't happen...BUT...maybe it will!!
shadowman
Hall of Famer

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:12 pm

My uneducated guess is that Feron will most likely end up with the Mavericks G-league team so he can get minutes and continue to develop his game. Not sure they will want him to ride the pine as part of their NBA roster, but these days there are salary cap issues that any GM has to deal with so who knows? The top teams tend to have at least 3 mega bucks stars who command most of the team's payroll. It's difficult for me to imagine the kind of money some of the top guys are making these days.
Charleston Pony

Postby sadderbudweiser » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:42 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:My uneducated guess is that Feron will most likely end up with the Mavericks G-league team so he can get minutes and continue to develop his game. Not sure they will want him to ride the pine as part of their NBA roster, but these days there are salary cap issues that any GM has to deal with so who knows? The top teams tend to have at least 3 mega bucks stars who command most of the team's payroll. It's difficult for me to imagine the kind of money some of the top guys are making these days.

Shake really benefitted from his time in the G League. Let’s hope Feron is a fast learner.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Return to Basketball