PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Just got back from the game.....

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Just got back from the game.....

Postby youngalumpony » Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:38 pm

all I can do is shake my head and say wow.....that game takes the word ugly to a new low level....maybe on Sat. our team will actually decide to show up and give a damn
youngalumpony
Junior Varsity

Postby SMUguy » Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:35 am

I sure hope so. I hope the guys are angry and embarrassed about tonight.
But here's some food for thought: UTEP is a whole lot better than Boise State. If we play Saturday like we played tonight, we could lose by 50 or 60. (Although I can't see UTEP jerking up 3s in the closing minutes with a 35-point lead. I don't think UTEP's coach would do that.)
SMUguy
Heisman

Postby PG » Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:00 am

I guarantee you the guys are neither angry nor embarassed about tonight. That's the problem. They don't care. As far as they are concerned, there are 4 games left in the season. They are simply playing out the string (not even sure "playing" is the correct term). There is no pride. Nothing or no one to play for. No one supports them. No one cares so neither do they.
PG
Junior Varsity

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:20 am

Support?! They want support? They get support when they start giving a flip about how bad they look losing like this! When they start giving a flip how much they are putting on us to keep as SMU fans! when they start giving a flip how much they suck right now! Its hard enough during football season for us to stay as SMU fans but we dont need it during Basketball season to! lord! :evil:
Mustangs35SMU
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby FloridaMustang » Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:59 pm

Adios Dement!
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Simpson & Castro???

Postby ReedFrawg » Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:36 pm

It seems like I have heard about those two for 5 years now. Has either of them done ANYTHING to help your program? I am obviously a TCU fan, but why do those two continue to get playing time? SMU fans keep talking about about when/if those two can start scoring.... I've heard the same thing for 3 years. Dement has to go!
ReedFrawg
Heisman

Postby Pony_Fan » Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:48 pm

Those 2 = Castro/Simpson??
Pony_Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Barbara Ann » Fri Feb 27, 2004 4:41 pm

But we DO support the team. Even though the band HAS to be there, we all still cheer. We still yell, make noise, and cheer for our Mustangs regardless of a 20 point lead or a 30 point deficit. Granted, there aren't many people in the seats, but WE as an organization are doing our best.

Game after game after game of this crap that's thrown out there makes me sick to my stomach. I love this school and I love this team, that's why it sickens me. I wish more people did care, then maybe the team will perk up, but you can't expect a 39-point loss to be too encouraging, nor can anyone blame the loss on a lack of fanbase.

Why do these kids play basketball? They love it. Why are they at SMU? Because we gave them money to come here and play. Now, WHY would a team just give up? I don't understand the logic.

People need to suck it up and understand that this team needs serious help. It's not from a fanbase nor from a coaching staff, but from within. I'll still be there cheering them on regardless, even whenever I graduate. I am and always will be a Mustang fan. But maybe something will spark these guys to end the season on a good note.

Please please please, let's hope this turns out well.
Barbara Ann

Return to Basketball