PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Rothstein: Under the radar freshmen

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Rothstein: Under the radar freshmen

Postby ponyboy » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:26 pm

Stefan Todorovic, SMU: Several college coaches believe that the Ponies’ ability to land the 6-8 Todorovic was one of the biggest steals of the 2021 class. A lethal shooter with range, expect Todorovic to be one of the top freshmen in the American Athletic Conference during the upcoming season.

https://collegehoopstoday.com/index.php ... 22-season/
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Rothstein: Under the radar freshmen

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:44 pm

Hope Rothstein is right. Would love to see him in the rotation. This year's team appears to be loaded with scorers so how they come together defensively is going to be a big key
Charleston Pony

Postby ponyswim » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:13 pm

Todo can add a lot if he can play 20 minutes a game - handle the defense, rebounding etc. Since he is such a 3 point shooter he can create a lot of space for the Weathers twins and others who are not great outside shooters. I think you pair him with Michael Weather when he is in the game because they seem to have complementary offense skills. One is a shooter, one is a really good driver.
ponyswim
Varsity

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:27 pm

K.D. should have an opportunity to improve on his 7.5 assists per game from last season and hopefully will not have the burden of being our leading scorer night after night
Charleston Pony

Postby JasonB » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:51 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:K.D. should have an opportunity to improve on his 7.5 assists per game from last season and hopefully will not have the burden of being our leading scorer night after night

Theoretically yes, and I am more optimistic about most for this season. But we are going to have to hit jumpers for that to happen. This team is athletic and can score but is not a great jump shooting team. Keep in mind that the NCAA is stingy about assists they give out. If you pass it out to the perimeter and someone drives for a score, that doesn't necessarily count as an assist.

If Todorovic can come in and play, he would provide much needed depth at the 4. But I'll believe it when I see it. Usually defense keeps Euros off the court in year 1.
JasonB

Return to Basketball