PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

South Oak Cliff - HP game

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

South Oak Cliff - HP game

Postby Hoop Fan » Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:24 pm

excellent game tonight between SOC and HP. I was impressed by both teams. Highland Park was mostly a one man show, but George Youngblood is a baller anytime, anyplace. SOC has several standouts. I think LA or somebody said that Darrell Arthur is Q Ross's cousin. They sure look alot alike, but Darrell is big, strong and agile. SOC has another 6-9 guy who is very tough and would look good at SMU, Kevin Rogers. And maybe most impressive was SOCs little freshman point guard Fred Gipson, quick as lightning and cold blooded shooting in the lane. Better watch him. I think SOC will win a state championship within 2 years. As we look for a new coach, I ask you, who can recruit SOC? Think nationally, act locally Mr. Copeland.
Hoop Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby LA_Mustang » Sat Feb 28, 2004 11:39 am

If you look at the scores from last night you will see just how dominate the DFW area is when it comes to HS hoops in Texas. There were several area schools with 8,9,10 losses that finished third in their district playing the best schools from Lubbock, El Paso, Amarillo, and East Texas (schools with only 2 or 3 losses), and unless I missed one, the DFW schools won them all. There is so much talent in our own backyard. I wonder who we could hire that can keep some of those kids in Dallas?????
LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Basketball