PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Oregon - Where to Watch (Dallas)?

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Oregon - Where to Watch (Dallas)?

Postby scmilli » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:33 pm

No Pac12 Network on YouTube TV. Any recommendations on where to watch the game (Fri, 10pm tip). A capable bartender and some fellow Mustang fans alongside would be a bonus. Appreciate the help.
scmilli

Re: Oregon - Where to Watch (Dallas)?

Postby shadowman » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:29 pm

This will be tricky. To view the PAC-12 network that has the live games (including the SMU game Friday), you have to be a subscriber to a TV provider that carries the network and then have the right package on that provider. For most cable companies, that usually means the top tier package.

Unfortunately, it is not offered on DirecTV, which is what most sports bars have. You will have to find a sports bar that uses DISH or their local cable provider and has the PAC-12 network in their lineup (and stays open till at least midnight!)

Most cable companies have it as an option, although usually in the most expensive package. As far as cord cutters go, DISH, Sling, Fubo, and some others offer it, but you have to be on the right package.

The best option is probably to go to a friend's house that still has Spectrum, Frontier, U-Verse, Cox, etc. and split the cost for a one month upgrade if the package needs to be upgraded!

I am sure there are some bars out there that still are on DISH or even the local cable company, will take some calling around though to find them.

Here is the link on where to get the PAC-12 network. Hope that helped:

https://pac-12.com/getpac-12networks

If you are upgrading your cable package, do it now, it could take up to 48 hours for it to show up.

Cheers!
Probaly won't happen...BUT...maybe it will!!
shadowman
Hall of Famer

Postby Arkpony » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:48 pm

Uverse is dropping PAC 12 December 2. PAC 12 is upset about it.
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby shadowman » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:07 am

I have Spectrum and do get the PAC-12 channel and can see the game. Heh, probably will be the only time I have, or ever will, watch something on it. I would host a party on any other day, but I plan a low key watching experience since I need to be bright eyed and bushy tailed to hit the boulevard about 8 hours after the conclusion of the game!

Go Ponies!
shadowman
Hall of Famer

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:50 am

I've also got Spectrum and have the SEC and ACC Networks in addition to multiple ESPN, FOX & CBS stations but do not have PAC-12 or Big 10 networks. I figured there are only so many games a guy can watch, not to mention an 11:00 PM start is a little past what I'm willing to stay up for. Living on the east coast, I hated our time in the WAC and those midnight starts in Hawaii. Will probably just listen in to the start of this game to see if the guys capture my attention. At least Mrs CP and I have weekends "off" after providing daycare for our 3 and 5 yr old granddaughters starting at 7:30 a.m. during the week! I do miss Dallas' central time when it comes to watching sports and west coast friends tell me how strange it can be watching "breakfast" games.
Charleston Pony

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:19 am

It's too bad they didn't open The Boulevard at 10pm Friday night with a big screen.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby PonyTime » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:47 am

My Hulu seems to have everything (ACC, SEC, Big 10, Fox Sports, every ESPN, CBS Sports) except the PAC-12 Network. Strange as the Hulu HQ is in Santa Monica, California.

Looks like you would have to have Sling to get Pac12.

Probably a lot of Slingers out there in CA and OR though.
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby shadowman » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:49 am

PonyTime wrote:

Or be a [deleted] like me and pay 200 bucks a month for 300 channels you never watch.

But it did finally pay off, a reason to watch the Pac12 channel!
shadowman
Hall of Famer

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:57 am

shadowman wrote:
PonyTime wrote:

Or be a [deleted] like me and pay 200 bucks a month for 300 channels you never watch.

But it did finally pay off, a reason to watch the Pac12 channel!

Isn't that true of any television package these days, i.e., paying for tons of channels you will never watch? Cafeteria style pricing would undoubtedly put a few out of business
Charleston Pony

Postby ponyboy » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:12 pm

Smart TV. I pay for ESPN+, Amazon Prime and that’s it. No cable or dish. So I get cafeteria pricing, in effect. The rest of what I want to watch is basically free.
ponyboy

Postby originaloverthehilltop1 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:18 pm

fish shack in richardson has good seafood, casual atmosphere 10 tvs and i have em trained to put up smu when i walk in the door. although lately they usually have it up already.
originaloverthehilltop1
Varsity

Postby PonyTime » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:04 am

ponyboy wrote:Smart TV. I pay for ESPN+, Amazon Prime and that’s it. No cable or dish. So I get cafeteria pricing, in effect. The rest of what I want to watch is basically free.

It's a great idea - but how do you watch the CBS College Sports and Fox Sports games?

That is 3 out of 5 of our football away games schedule thus far as well as the upcoming Missouri and Florida State (hopefully) Basketball games.

(That is why I had to bite the bullet and get Hulu as well)
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ponyboy » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:18 am

I use my mother in law’s Frontier login :lol:
ponyboy

Postby mrydel » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:28 am

ponyboy wrote:Smart TV. I pay for ESPN+, Amazon Prime and that’s it. No cable or dish. So I get cafeteria pricing, in effect. The rest of what I want to watch is basically free.
What about ESPN, ESPNU, ESPN2, ESPNNEWS.

I cannot get those without having a provider and paying for the ESPN package. I do not think ESPN+ gets you that access. I am paying for the lowest level of Uverse I can get for 1 tv with the ESPN package but would gladly go full off the grid if I could still get the ESPN games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby shadowman » Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:22 am

originaloverthehilltop1 wrote:fish shack in richardson has good seafood, casual atmosphere 10 tvs and i have em trained to put up smu when i walk in the door. although lately they usually have it up already.

Two key factors, they need to have either DISH or an all inclusive cable subscription, or they won't be able to show it. Also, the website says they close at 11pm. The game won't be over till Midnight at the earliest.
shadowman
Hall of Famer

Next

Return to Basketball