PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

GAME THREAD: MBB vs. UNLV

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: GAME THREAD: MBB vs. UNLV

Postby Terry Webster » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:17 am

One of the interesting things about the game is that SMU was only behind 1 time when unlv hit a free throw to go up 1-0. We took the lead after that and never looked back.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mustangxc » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:18 am

It looks like it is going to be a typical Jankovich season. Win enough to retain him and continue the slow death of the program.
mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:43 pm

mustangxc wrote:It looks like it is going to be a typical Jankovich season. Win enough to retain him and continue the slow death of the program.

This roster with all it's seniors sets Jank up to be a "year to year" decision. If this group gels and reaches the NCAA Tourney, I agree he will probably be retained but he's looking at having to completely replace his roster once again. I do like Phelps, Smith and Todorovic as 3 very promising FR and Young is making strides, but there are going to be a lot of holes to fill next season.
Charleston Pony

Postby mustangxc » Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:55 pm

That's another point against him. The fact that this roster completely falls apart if he is let go shows that it is a house of cards. Most of our team is graduating and we would be left with a few solid freshmen, but not much else. At that point I would be surprised if the freshmen don't all enter the portal. I just want to see us winning consistently. I don't have anything for or against Jankovich personally. If anything I think he is likable despite his excuses and whining. However, the program is bigger than any one person and we need to always prioritize the program.
mustangxc

Postby shadowman » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:28 am

A team being made up of so many transfers is becoming more of the rule of thumb than the exception. There are many teams with a ton of transfers. Phelps, Todo, and Smith look to be the real deal, certainly no swings and misses there. I bet he brings in a pretty good class next year as well as several high impact transfers.

Like football, this is new way for most teams, not just SMU.
Probaly won't happen...BUT...maybe it will!!
shadowman
Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Basketball