PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Former SMU guard a coaching star in the making?

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Former SMU guard a coaching star in the making?

Postby PonyPride » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:38 pm

Great story about former SMU point guard Karen Blair, now Associate Head Coach at Maryland:

From testudotimes.com:

“It’s always about the players”: An inside look at Maryland women’s basketball’s Karen Blair’s rise through the coaching ranks

By Ben Dickson
Jan 13, 2022

When Karen Blair was first hired as an assistant coach for Maryland women’s basketball, head coach Brenda Frese was anything but laconic as she talked about what Blair was going to bring to the program.

“She’s a triple threat with her knowledge of the game, organization of recruiting and her connection to her players,” said Frese in a May 2018 release. “As excited as I am about what Karen will bring to our program, our fans are going to enjoy her because she’s even better as a person.”

The bar was set high for Blair, and she certainly has not disappointed in her time at Maryland, contributing to nearly 100 wins and helping sign players such as junior guards Ashley Owusu and Diamond Miller that are the foundation of the program.

Upon your arrival, Coach Frese called you a “triple threat”... is that something you pride yourself on up to this day?

“It always feels good when you can get validated by a Hall of Fame coach,” a laughing Blair responded. “When you’ve got somebody that I feel is the best in the business, I mean it really is.”

To read this article in its entirety, CLICK HERE.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Basketball