PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Upfront - Not real smart about Bball

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby BUS » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:23 am

One thing I do know... We start every game slow and unfocussed. Cold maybe is the word. Against lesser teams we have a bench that fires up the team and we come back and win. Or can win... or make it close.

If this team was not soft and came out hot... I'am going to say we could play the top 20 and win half the games.

OK, fire away.

God's Peace
G
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Upfront - Not real smart about Bball

Postby JasonB » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:57 am

We have gone from a starting lineup where we had too many mouths to feed because KD and the Weathers brothers all wanted to shoot to one where KD and Nutall are the only two scorers out there, and Nutall has become really passive (and so has Band as the season has gone along).

My guess is that Mi Weathers will replace Band in the starting lineup which will turn both Nutall and Davis into off-the-ball shooters and it will get us going a little more quickly.
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Upfront - Not real smart about Bball

Postby shadowman » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:08 am

Band does play strong defense but it is confusing on what has happened to his jumper, he used to always be money.

I feel Band and Smith will keep starting, but the Weathers brothers will start coming in sooner and stay on the court much longer than before. I think Jank (and me) likes the spark that first substitution gives us. Kicks us into a higher gear. Smith has shown to be a really good 3 point shooter which can take some pressure off of Band when they are both out there. Band can focus on locking down the other team's top guard.
Probaly won't happen...BUT...maybe it will!!
shadowman
Hall of Famer

Postby geezerdonk » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:35 pm

We know Tim. We know.
A long tradition of existence.
geezerdonk
Varsity

Return to Basketball