PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

GAME THREAD: MBB at Wichita State

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: GAME THREAD: MBB at Wichita State

Postby SoCal_Pony » Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:09 pm

PonyTime wrote:
mtrout wrote:Name one SMU coach that got fired for on the court/field performance in the past decade.

Rhonda Rompola
Carl Neufeld
Tim McClements

PT, this is like a joke, right???

Rompola & Neufeld are the poster kids for what ails SMU Athletics specifically and the University as a whole.

We allowed these coaches to stay for 50 years!!!

50 years with each earning only 3 conference championships. Sorry, but that shows our true commitment to success more than any words that spew out of our Athletic Department.

I propose a fountain on campus with the likeness of Rhonda & Carl with RGT in the middle. Inscribed should read ‘75 years, Fair to Middling Fountain’
SoCal_Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: GAME THREAD: MBB at Wichita State

Postby PonyTime » Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:22 pm

SoCal_Pony wrote:
PonyTime wrote:
mtrout wrote:Name one SMU coach that got fired for on the court/field performance in the past decade.

Rhonda Rompola
Carl Neufeld
Tim McClements

PT, this is like a joke, right???

Rompola & Neufeld are the poster kids for what ails SMU Athletics specifically and the University as a whole.

We allowed these coaches to stay for 50 years!!!

50 years with each earning only 3 conference championships. Sorry, but that shows our true commitment to success more than any words that spew out of our Athletic Department.

I propose a fountain on campus with the likeness of Rhonda & Carl with RGT in the middle. Inscribed should read ‘75 years, Fair to Middling Fountain’

Yes - you made my point. Stayed far too long for their records. And Add Seifert the 20+ year volleyball coach to that list and the fountain (with 1? NCAA appearance in those 20 years).
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Previous

Return to Basketball