PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Dallas' Team Indeed!

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Dallas' Team Indeed!

Postby slawton011963 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:21 pm

Great win last night! How often does "Dallas' Team" beat a top-10 ranked team! So I was excited to see the coverage on the news last night...after all, it was one of only a handful of games involving AAC or Big 12 schools. Unfortunately, WFAA could care less....no mention, deciding instead to discuss traffic in Los Angeles and marvel at how Joe Burrow and Matthew Stafford have the same jersey number. I don't know if the other channels covered the game...doubtful. I'm mad, but not at all surprised. They somehow showed highlights of the WSU road loss last week, but I guess the 3 mile trip up to Moody was just too much to ask. This is just one example of the uphill battle we have to truly be embraced by Dallas. We are moving in the right direction, but doing so with little help from local media. Just my rant for the day.
slawton011963

Re: Dallas' Team Indeed!

Postby Topper » Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:32 pm

Belo = UT = Dale Hansen and hatred of the fact that SMU clobbered the Longhorns in football in the 80s. I laughed when UT blew out TCU at Fort Worth a couple of weeks ago. In response, the hometown Startlegram did a long story on how UT is just not up to par. Nary a mention of TCU's faults. Difference between a media that supports its hometown team and one that is basically malicious toward its own.
Topper
Hall of Famer

Postby BUS » Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:07 pm

It would take a SMU Big money person to buy 4,5,8 or 11 and lead the narrative.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ponyboy » Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:30 pm

We were front and center in this morning’s DMN sports page. Huge props on that.
ponyboy

Postby Vitale » Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:32 pm

Belo doesn't own WFAA anymore, and Hansen didn't go to Texas. He's from Nebraska, and didn't go to college.
Vitale
All-American

Postby smitty329 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:55 am

I'm with Kendall and Roman on this one - who gives a [Deleted] about WFAA. WFAA is burned in the screens of old Zeniths at the senior center were 24/7 coverage of woke content confuses and baffles the audience.

Tweets and Instagram are the outlets that hit the generation we are targeting to grow. National coverage rules.
smitty329
All-American

Postby Topper » Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:07 pm

Vitale wrote:Belo doesn't own WFAA anymore, and Hansen didn't go to Texas. He's from Nebraska, and didn't go to college.

They still own the DMN and you must not have been around in the 80s when Hansen was the puppet for the Dealeys. He may not have gone to UT but he did everything he could to destroy SMU athletics while turning a blind eye to even worse problems in Austin.
Topper
Hall of Famer

Postby geezerdonk » Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:47 pm

Vitale wrote:He's from Nebraska.

Much to Nebraska's relief, the bloated fraud is from Iowa.
A long tradition of existence.
geezerdonk
Varsity

Postby ponyboy » Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:24 pm

Again, the DMN had a nice spot for us on the front page of the sports section the next morning. Front and center, large font headline.
ponyboy

Return to Basketball