PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

I’m just glad

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

I’m just glad

Postby LA_Mustang » Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:31 pm

the Jank excuse train is done at SMU.

Ready for a coach who recruits top 150 HS guys. Ready for a non-cupcake OOC that can’t be used as a reason to keep us out of the tourney if we’re on the bubble. Ready for a coach who will engage the students and alums. Ready for a coach who will fill Moody again. Lastly, I’m ready for coach who will not have three excuses at the ready every time the team is faced with a little bad luck.

David Miller will get the right guy. I have faith in that.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: I’m just glad

Postby HorsePower » Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:35 pm

Ready for a coach who doesn't start out on probation
HorsePower
Heisman

Postby LA_Mustang » Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:50 pm

HorsePower wrote:Ready for a coach who doesn't start out on probation

It took four minutes to remind me why I never come to this board anymore, and no one else does either. lol sad.

LA_Mustang

Postby Terry Webster » Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:56 pm

LA_Mustang wrote:

It took four minutes to remind me why I never come to this board anymore, and no one else does either. lol sad.

And yet here you are.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby LA_Mustang » Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:16 pm

Terry Webster wrote:
LA_Mustang wrote:

And yet here you are.

Even one of the people I really like on this board is coming at me for wanting better?? Wow. Message received. Still extremely happy about the development. All the best to y’all.

LA_Mustang

Postby ponyswim » Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:31 pm

SMU is in a good place now. This year's team showed that we can compete at a high level within the conference and contend to be in the NCAA tournament. We potentially have a decent core of players returning. A pretty good situation for a new coach to step into.
ponyswim
Varsity

Postby MDJenkins » Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:37 pm

We would all be in a celebratory mood if Lil Ricky was also let go. Do ADs typically have contacts like head coaches? We can only hope the day RGT retires is the day they reseat his butt away from campus. Does anyone else want to pitch in to pay the headhunter’s fees to find him another job?
MDJenkins
Scout Team

Postby mustangxc » Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:45 pm

LA_Mustang wrote:
Terry Webster wrote:
LA_Mustang wrote:It took four minutes to remind me why I never come to this board anymore, and no one else does either. lol sad.

And yet here you are.

Even one of the people I really like on this board is coming at me for wanting better?? Wow. Message received. Still extremely happy about the development. All the best to y’all.

When you come at people immediately in a very condescending manner you shouldn't be surprised if people clap back. Those of us who still post here are not "nobody". I don't subscribe to any of the services because they seem to have an agenda rather than just report information the way the DMN beat writer does. That said, I hope this is the start of a very successful era of SMU basketball. Cheers!
mustangxc

Postby PonyTime » Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:04 am

mustangxc wrote:
Terry Webster wrote:
LA_Mustang wrote:It took four minutes to remind me why I never come to this board anymore, and no one else does either. lol sad.

And yet here you are.

When you come at people immediately in a very condescending manner you shouldn't be surprised if people clap back. Those of us who still post here are not "nobody". I don't subscribe to any of the services because they seem to have an agenda rather than just report information the way the DMN beat writer does. That said, I hope this is the start of a very successful era of SMU basketball. Cheers!

To me, paying $$$ for "insider" info on SMU sports when twitter exists is a complete waste of $$$. The same general info is available in the twitter world. Perhaps you will wait a few hours, but it is there. I admit, you will get far more depth and insight in pay sites, but I don't need that.

For some, I know that following recruiting is a hobby or past-time, so I understand why it may be of value to you - Just not to me. I spend what you would call frivolous $$$ on my hobby - which has nothing to do with SMU sports.

That is why I follow this site. There are still good people with good insight on here.
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Return to Basketball