PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Neat farewell to Jank from Nic Moore

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Neat farewell to Jank from Nic Moore

Postby ponyboy » Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:45 pm

Congratulations on retirement Coach Jank. Thank you for everything on and off the court. It was an honor to play for you. The term end of an era isn't enough to truly describe it. You genuinely cared about the game of basketball and your players. You gave me countless life lessons I will stand by each day.

One of the funniest memories I have with you is at Illinois State. It was a close game and I came down, pulled a 3, and missed it off the back of the rim. You called a full time-out, nothing was said other than “that was a dog [deleted] shot and if you shoot that again, you won’t play for the rest of the year.” Two plays later, I came down, shot a transition 3, banged it in, and looked at you… All you did was turn to the bench and smile. Hahaha. That was just the beginning for us.

Thanks for a lifetime of memories. I have so much respect for you, Mrs. Jank, and lil Mike. Happy retirement. Love you Coach.
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Neat farewell to Jank from Nic Moore

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:06 am

His players, especially his point guards really loved Jank. We can only hope SMU finds another "players coach" who can recruit at a high level and bring SMU fans back to Moody. Unless/until this program returns to what it was in the Larry Brown era, it might help if ticket prices are more closely aligned to the quality of the product on the court. It's really pretty simple economics 101. Supply vs demand drives the price of any product and right now the objective should be to put more butts in seats. I will always wonder whether this year's team would have responded better in the NIT if Moody had been packed for those games.
Charleston Pony

Re: Neat farewell to Jank from Nic Moore

Postby mustangxc » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:15 am

Another reason Hart has to go! He is clueless in every aspect.
mustangxc

Return to Basketball