PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

AZ player assaults TCU Showgirl

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

AZ player assaults TCU Showgirl

Postby SMU Pom Mom » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:31 pm

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... ogs-dancer

The videos from various angles reveal it is obvious he touched her intentionally. If you read comments, and lord knows you really shouldn't, especially those written by men, which is pretty much all of them, he (1) did not touch her, (2) it was an accident, and (3) what's the big deal anyway. Except he did, it wasn't, and it is.

Of course, there is a rift among TCU fans because if it had been any other school involved, they would all be waving it off. Wouldn't want to ruin a promising young man's reputation. As it stands, they are pretty split, with some citing evidence that it did not happen because they did not see movement (note--those uniforms hold you in tight) and that she did not visibly respond (note--these girls are very well-trained performers). The worst ones agree he did it but it was only for a second so just drop it. At least a few of them are making an effort to explain that this was an actual sexual assault, thank God.

Meanwhile my heart goes out to this hard-working woman who does not deserve to be scrutinized this way. Please remember that ALL women face this kind of BS on a regular basis, not just the pretty ones on TV.
SMU Pom Mom
All-American

Re: AZ player assaults TCU Showgirl

Postby mustangxc » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:39 am

Reading that ESPN article made me think I saw something I didn't see. I'm not sure how you would write that article after seeing the video. Maybe ESPN's legal team doesn't want ESPN getting sued for defamation? I was stunned to see the cheerleader did not react. I would have chased after the guy and made a huge scandal in the moment. That player should be banned from NCAA competition permanently and probably kicked out of UA.
mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Bergermeister » Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:51 pm

Stunned, Jerry. Stunned.
Bergermeister
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:36 am

So glad to see Arizona out!!
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman