PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

I’m back to buying season tickets

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

I’m back to buying season tickets

Postby ponyboy » Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:10 pm

Feeling hopeful about the future of Mustang basketball. This oughta be fun. Watch the press conference, if you haven’t already.
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: I’m back to buying season tickets

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:09 am

Lanier talked about the enthusiasm he has seen for the program, but that's all about who he met in the interview/hiring process. I cringed when he spoke of the apathy for athletics he's experienced at other places. REALLY hope he & his team and SMU can overcome the apathy we've seen develop since Larry Brown left. Would love to get to the point where we are disappointed when only 5,000 show up for a game in Moody but most nights there are 6,000 plus. Moody can be electric with those numbers, especially for a team that plays at a fast pace.
Charleston Pony

Postby ponyboy » Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:22 pm

Lanier knows where we are. It’s up to us to buy in and support the program. I’m 100% on this guy and the direction we are headed.
ponyboy

Postby SMUFan » Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:34 pm

I get football tickets for Christmas every year and hoops for my birthday. Renews my enthusiasm every year.
SMUFan
All-American

Postby Bergermeister » Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:45 pm

If I hadn't had my seats taken away at Moody, I'd go back. Y'all enjoy. And good luck. See you at Ford!
Bergermeister

Postby used to be 2 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:18 pm

I would buy new tickets but they were yanked away from me. Go Ponies, I will watch them on TV and wish them the best.
used to be 2
Junior Varsity

Postby ponyboy » Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:44 pm

That was a long time ago. Come back.
ponyboy

Postby Webmaster » Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:59 pm

I have to say that for an organizations who's product is essentially "loyalty", SMU seems to epically crap the bed with respect to understanding that fundamental marketing principle.
"Rhett Lashlee not only has the top G5 transfer class, it’s one of the best classes in the country, period.”
–– Chris Vannini, The Athletic

Thanks for supporting PonyFans.com. If you have any problems or concerns, please e-mail us at webmaster@ponyfans.com
Webmaster
Heisman

Postby smusportspage » Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:48 pm

For all those still feeling slighted about their tickets being taken away...I fell your pain. SMU should not "crap" on their loyal fans. That being said...WAKE UP! It is a new day.
smusportspage
Heisman

Postby redpony » Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:55 pm

It will be a new day when lil rickey is no longer here.
redpony

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:59 pm

I just wish SMU would price to product value. Simple supply/demand economics with a strategy of trying to at least fill Moody and Ford to 75% capacity no matter who the opponent. The reseat was done at a time when Larry Brown had taken SMU hoops to new heights so I get the money grab at the time, but they should have reacted quickly to the drop off in product quality and demand. I just want our teams to enjoy home court/field advantage and SMU should be doing everything it can to bring back "used to be" fans and to attract new fans. Recruiting locally and the Da;;as' team is a good start as far as a marketing strategy
Charleston Pony

Postby mustangxc » Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:09 pm

Either Rick Hart needs to move on or they need to essentially give away a year of basketball season tickets to our loyal fans that were kicked off by the re-seat. Time to fill Moody!
mustangxc

Postby wilshireheightspony » Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:59 pm

For last season I bought the Pony Express Mobile Pass that got me a ticket for all home football and basketball games for $179 total. Pretty good deal especially since you can sit almost anywhere you want at Ford (with the exception of the suites) or anywhere at Moody (with the exception of the red seats). If they offer that deal for next year, no one should use price as a reason not to support our players.
wilshireheightspony

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:51 am

wilshireheightspony wrote:For last season I bought the Pony Express Mobile Pass that got me a ticket for all home football and basketball games for $179 total. Pretty good deal especially since you can sit almost anywhere you want at Ford (with the exception of the suites) or anywhere at Moody (with the exception of the red seats). If they offer that deal for next year, no one should use price as a reason not to support our players.

A really good deal that needs to be heavily advertised if continued
Charleston Pony

Postby JasonB » Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:44 pm

Rhen Rick steps away in the next couple of months, hopefully everyone will come back onboard.
JasonB

Next

Return to Basketball