PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Ricky Hart

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Ricky Hart

Postby MDJenkins » Sat May 14, 2022 11:59 am

Since the “Fire Rick Hart” topic was mysteriously removed as a separate post, I have a couple of questions about Ricky Hart. How does he manage to keep his job with the crazy number of blunders he causes? Is he unlikely to get another job due to his being overpaid and protected at SMU? How much does he make as an incompetent AD? Are all ADs as arrogant and aloof as Lil Ricky?
MDJenkins
Scout Team

Re: Ricky Hart

Postby redpony » Sat May 14, 2022 1:29 pm

MD- first you must remember that PF is obligated to be very pro SMU and their staff.

To answer your question. I have over the years met and visited with several high level ADs. One was the AD at Ohio State. I know that many ADs are open, willing to converse with others (alums or not) and in general very competent and outgoing. As we all know every bushel of apples contains a few bad ones. I suspect that lil rickey got his job not because of outstanding performance at his last place but because of politics and pressure from daddy and others who had political connections.
What is even sadder is that our BMDs don't even have enough clout to get him moved out.
He is the classic example of the peter-principle. Over paid and under performing.
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby MDJenkins » Sat May 14, 2022 10:13 pm

Thanks RedPony for the insightful and objective response. I did not realize that PF restricted honest opinions and posts. It’s sad they censure opinions particularly when our AD has done an abysmal job. I’m thinking that Hart’s demise may be with his mistreatment of his staff and frustrating key donors. However,
neither of things matter if RGT has his back. Ricky’s safety net disappears when RGT retires.
MDJenkins
Scout Team

Postby mrydel » Sun May 15, 2022 6:23 am

A simple search allowed me to find the FRH post to which you referred, so let’s not now start a censorship campaign too.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby PonyPride » Sun May 15, 2022 12:28 pm

redpony wrote:MD- first you must remember that PF is obligated to be very pro SMU and their staff.

To answer your question. I have over the years met and visited with several high level ADs. One was the AD at Ohio State. I know that many ADs are open, willing to converse with others (alums or not) and in general very competent and outgoing. As we all know every bushel of apples contains a few bad ones. I suspect that lil rickey got his job not because of outstanding performance at his last place but because of politics and pressure from daddy and others who had political connections.
What is even sadder is that our BMDs don't even have enough clout to get him moved out.
He is the classic example of the peter-principle. Over paid and under performing.

We are under no such obligation.
Also, the thread mentioned in the original post is on the football page, has 142 posts and more than 13K views. It was merged with another similar topic to reduce being redundant.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride

Postby redpony » Mon May 16, 2022 9:01 am

PP- ok sorry for the bad choice of words. However, IMO it is politically expedient to be positive with your remarks etc. or you could risk getting the cold shoulder on some things.

BTW- we all enjoy your interviews with the players and coaches. Keep up the good work.
redpony

Postby PonyPride » Mon May 16, 2022 7:46 pm

Thanks! Glad you like — they're fun to do.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride

Return to Basketball