PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Hopkins ready for the NBA...

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Hopkins ready for the NBA...

Postby braginator » Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:57 am

Yeah right. Bryan definitely is the star of our team and impressed BJ Armstrong and the other NBA scouts at the Nevada game, but he is nowhere ready for the big time yet. Hopkins needs to develop better shot selection and turn the ball over less, and the fact he is talking about the NBA to the press as a sophomore is disgusting.
braginator
Junior Varsity

Postby Hoop Fan » Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:01 pm

Its his life, not ours. I dont think hes ready, but its not my business really. If the guy can make a living doing it, so be it. My bet is he doesnt want to play for another control freak of a coach and he is expressing fear in a way. If SMU hires Tubbs, you could guarantee Hopkins would be back and motivated.
Hoop Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Pony_Fan » Sat Mar 06, 2004 1:45 pm

I agree, he is nowhere near ready.
Pony_Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Hopkins ready for the NBA...

Postby HorsePower » Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:17 am

braginator wrote:Yeah right. Bryan definitely is the star of our team and impressed BJ Armstrong and the other NBA scouts at the Nevada game, but he is nowhere ready for the big time yet. Hopkins needs to develop better shot selection and turn the ball over less, and the fact he is talking about the NBA to the press as a sophomore is disgusting.

Forgive me if this is seen as splitting hairs, but I think he needs better shot mechanics as much as he needs better shot selection. He gets great lift with his legs, and he puts a nice arc on the ball, but I think if he had more rotation on the ball after his release, he might be able to get a softer landing, and therefore more "homecourt" bounces.

Just a thought.

With that out of the way, let me say that I sure hope he's back next year. I love watching him play.
HorsePower
Heisman

Ready for what?

Postby StangEsq » Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:00 pm

He's not even ready for the CBA right now. That's a joke.
StangEsq
Heisman

Return to Basketball