PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

It's too quiet here

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

It's too quiet here

Postby Doesntmatter » Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:33 pm

I have a feeling Coach Lanier and staff is going to coach an intriguing roster of current players and transfers into a team most AAC opponents will be concerned about before conference play. The roster looks so different from anything we've had as of late from a size and experience standpoint. The talent (untapped?) appears to be there, so the conference season will provide a pretty good indication of Coach Lanier and staff's ability to develop individual players and have them come together as a team. The non-conference schedule sets up nicely for progression. The unknowns will make the beginning of the season fun to watch.
Doesntmatter
Scout Team

Re: It's too quiet here

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:11 pm

We haven't lost a football game yet so attention hasn't turned to hoops yet. With an almost completely retooled roster, there should be healthy competition for playing time and hopefully this team will go 10 deep without much drop off in talent. I would love to see 40 minutes of defensive intensity and I'm anxious to see whether someone takes over as the clear leader of this team. We might be better served to have 3-4 guys step up and become "go to" guys as I really think the over reliance on K.D. hurt the team as a whole the past couple of years. Coach Brown always wanted "length" and Little Nic was such an exceptional talent that he became an exception but Lanier's team has length and if they come together and play great team defense, this group could make life really difficult for our opponents
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Basketball