PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Game Thread SMU vs TCU

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Game Thread SMU vs TCU

Postby tristatecoog » Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:08 am

Hung in there and only lost by eight in a ranked opponent’s town.
Outrebounded them by two.
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:45 am

What little I watched of this game left me thinking it was the best this team has looked this year and everyone contributed. Just wish we had some guys who can shoot well consistently. The one 3 ball Zach hit was off the glass so I assume that was another shot that was way off but he got the lucky bounce. Jalen (who might be our best 3 point shooter) made his only attempt and I don't know if he passed up good looks but he needs to become more of a scorer for this team. Odigie played better than I've seen from him all year. If only this team could finish in the paint. Still too many missed layups and put back attempts but at least they kept battling in this game and didn't fold like they did against ASU. Good time for them to take a break and hopefully they can continue to improve as the season wears on.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby panhandle_pony » Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:49 am

I didn’t see Xavier Foster’s stats in box score. What’s up with that ?
panhandle_pony
All-American

Postby ponyswim » Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:57 am

Best game of the year in terms of playing hard for 40 minutes. Odigie played well. 22 played very well - he is going to really help if he continues to improve. Nutall got a LOT of good shots - which is great. He just needs to make a lot more of them. Phelps continues to try to force way too many passes and shots. We got 21 points from our bigs on 8-14 shots - excellent for them. Williamson made some shots. A lot of things are trending UP.
I would think it would be a major goal of the staff to get Jalen and Todo 4-5 good 3 attempts per game.
ponyswim
Varsity

Postby JasonB » Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:10 pm

Love to see the fight. Todo really struggled defensively and never really got a shot. Jalen starting to be more aggressive offensively along with his defense, he might slide back into the starting rotation. 5 starting to get involved a little more. Just missing Foster.
JasonB

Postby Pony4Life » Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:52 pm

panhandle_pony wrote:I didn’t see Xavier Foster’s stats in box score. What’s up with that ?

I don't think he played.

Ambrose-Hylton looked good off the bench. Dude needs to play more.
Fountain of youth
Giver of truth
Six parts gin
One part vermouth
Pony4Life
Heisman

Postby EastStang » Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:30 pm

Bigs have to get better inside. We gave away at least 8 points on missed shots from 3 feet in.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Previous

Return to Basketball