PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Mustangs beat Iona

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Mustangs beat Iona

Postby shadowman » Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:06 pm

Great win! SMU played a solid game. Hell, if Iona had not shot lights out from three point range and/or if SMU could figure out how to simply inbound the ball, we would have blown them outta Hawaii’s gym. All those turnovers on inbound plays took a year off my life. Williamson should be permanently banished from ever throwing the ball in again. A-Hylton needs to play all significant minutes at the post. He is our only big that can actually catch a pass and finish. Nutall and Phelps were phenomenal.

Hell, let’s beat Utah State tomorrow and then win this thing!
Probaly won't happen...BUT...maybe it will!!
shadowman
Hall of Famer

Postby shadowman » Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:11 pm

And Geezerdonk, he is obviously a frustrated fan, like all of us, he is just a bit more in your face and goes negative. He obviously watched the game since he referenced SMU’s inbounding failures. Hopefully Lanier will prove him wrong.
Probaly won't happen...BUT...maybe it will!!
shadowman
Hall of Famer

Mustangs beat Iona

Postby geezerdonk » Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:42 am

Bench was 10-11 in field goals.
A long tradition of existence.
geezerdonk
Varsity

Postby JasonB » Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:43 am

panhandle_pony wrote:Is Foster still on team? I haven’t seen last two games, but noticed his name is missing from box score.

Yes, I noticed him on the bench yesterday. I was hoping he would step more into the rotation for the tourney as well, but it might be more of a factor of the light coming on for the Bama kid than anything else.

And that shooting is absolutely something you can duplicate if you finish at the basket like we did yesterday.
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby GHammond » Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:32 pm

Left work a bit early and flipped on the TV once home to see what bowl game was on...had no idea the boys were playing and was able to enjoy the second half..what a treat. Grandson was scared a couple of times as the old man was making some noise. Great win, thanks for an unexpected holiday gift.
GHammond
Varsity

Previous

Return to Basketball