PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Isham

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Isham

Postby Pony_Fan » Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:22 pm

Casper the Ghost - what is his deal - up and down, up and down
Pony_Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SoCal_Pony » Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:40 pm

IMO, the problem is not with Isham, but with people who have expectations that he can contribute on a consistent basis.
SoCal_Pony

Postby Pony_Fan » Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:43 pm

Well, he just seems like he should be better than he plays - shows glimpses of athleticism and I have seen lots of quick moves thru his time here. I guess I have to realize he is very avg player.
Pony_Fan

Postby SoCal_Pony » Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:48 pm

I know what you mean. The potential seems there.

I have resigned myself to the fact that he is not even an average player.
SoCal_Pony

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:46 pm

Justin improved so dramatically between his Fr and Soph years that I had hoped he would continue to develop and become another Damon Hancock for us. Our problem for years is that we've had only one or two guys we rely on to carry the team. At this point, I've resigned myself to thinking Justin might at least be a quality backup to either Derick Roberts or Demetric Bennett next year.

Most players make their most dramatic improvement between their 1st and 2nd years. Devon Pearson strikes me as the guy most likely to contribute significantly next year.
Charleston Pony

Postby alibaba » Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:59 pm

In Ishams defense, we have him playing the two guard and he got four shots off the whole game. Hop shot more than the rest of the team combined if you do not count Castro. I do not thing having your point guard take so many shots helps develop your players. I blame that on the coaches as they control the offense. Basketball is and always will be a team sport and we just were not a very good team this year.
alibaba

Postby ClassOf81 » Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:56 pm

I'm like you, Charleston - after watching his growth between his freshman and sophomore years, I thought we had a star in the making. It's not like ALL he can do is dunk, because he's had games in which he's shot fairly well from the outside. He has the ability. I don't know if he got crossways with Coach Dement, or if he was quietly playing hurt, or if he somehow lost his confidence. Either way, I'm going to spend the offseason hoping the next coach and re-discover what we saw before. At the moment, he's a shadow of his former self, but Isham has loads of talent - I just hope he shows us all next year how good he really can be.
ClassOf81
Heisman

Return to Basketball