PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Hats off to Coaches Lineburg, Crawford and Brickey

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Hats off to Coaches Lineburg, Crawford and Brickey

Postby Diehard Pony » Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:06 pm

I thought this team played with considerably greater effort under these interim coaches, and the effort payed off in terms of offensive scoring, fewer turnovers, and generally improved play.

We even had a chance to win today when we tied the score five minutes or so into the second half. Unfortunately we lost our legs, and our scoring with it from that point on.

Nonetheless, thanks for the coaching efforts of these three gentlemen, and good luck to all of you.
Diehard Pony
All-American

Postby 50's PONY » Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:09 pm

Amen!
50's PONY
Heisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:42 pm

good job,indeed...for picking the players up off the floor after such a miserable season to at least finish on a reasonably positive note. Now you have to wonder whether any of these guys will be considered for the head job and/or whether they have any interest in staying.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Diehard Pony » Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:00 pm

Coach Lineburg's post game comments included "I love the Mustangs" when asked by Allen Stone what he thought would happen to him and his staff.
Diehard Pony
All-American

Postby ClassOf81 » Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:52 pm

I loved Coach Lineburg's interview. He went out of his way to talk about what special guys Coach Crawford and Coach Brickey are, and said "there are a lot of great people at SMU - I'm proud to be a Mustang."

Very classy comments from a very classy man. I wish all of our coaches great success.
ClassOf81
Heisman

Postby LA_Mustang » Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:31 pm

Lineburg, Brickey, and Crawford handled the situation very well. They all should be praised. Being the leader, Lineburg said all the right things and got the team to play much harder. I have no doubt that he has a future as a HC. I am hopeful our new coach will keep him around.
LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonyFan » Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:26 pm

Would he stay as an assistant to a new head coach? Or does he see himself as ready to be a head coach?
PonyFan
Heisman

Return to Basketball