PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

GAME THREAD: MBB vs. East Carolina

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: GAME THREAD: MBB vs. East Carolina

Postby Terry Webster » Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:22 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:Didn't get to watch this game today and was hoping for a W but it would appear the guys played better than I would have expected. Now the question: can they win another game this season? I expect we will be underdogs the rest of the way

Should be fairly even against usf next week.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby shadowman » Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:59 am

Charleston Pony wrote:Whoa...Zhuric with 2-9 FTs today? Ya think it's in his head now??

Team goes 16-27 for 60%. That's not going to win many games at least no close games

Through the years, I have seen some bad SMU free throw shooting teams, but I think this one takes the prize. We don't make them with any consistency during the whole game, and I don't think we have made a clutch free throw to put away a game all year, they are always missed, allowing the other team to come back and win. We need a 10 point lead with a minute to go, or we are in trouble.
Probaly won't happen...BUT...maybe it will!!
shadowman
Hall of Famer

GAME THREAD: MBB vs. East Carolina

Postby geezerdonk » Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:50 am

There is nothing about the team's performance (players and coaches) yesterday that would do anything but discourage and depress SMU fans. Phelps' play has deteriorated steadily during the second half of the season. 2-9, 5-15. This is the guy that's going to lead the team for the next two years? As bad as he is, he is the best SMU has coming back - and with no new player commitments. According to 24/7 SMU has had two recruit visits this season - two. Both of which have signed with other schools. You think this year is bad; you ain't seen nothing yet.
A long tradition of existence.
geezerdonk
Varsity

Postby used to be 2 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:28 pm

THE TRUTH HURTS
used to be 2
Junior Varsity

Postby mustangxc » Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:25 pm

As bad as the season has been I'm glad we at least cracked 10 wins. Since our HS recruiting was a total failure, this off-season is all about the transfer portal. If out NIL can help us pick up some snipers, we can be competitive next year and hopefully that convinces the highly touted 2024 HS prospects to sign with us and get things rolling so we can get back to NIT or NCAA tournament level in the 2024-25 season.
mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ponyboy » Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:25 pm

We’ve got some solid offers out there.
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Previous

Return to Basketball