PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Ft Myers

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Ft Myers

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:35 am

Was surprised to see that Wisconsin team has already lost 2 games but they were vs # 7 Tennessee and @ Providence a 4-1 team that lost in OT vs Kansas State. Wisconsin just blew Virginia out of the gym in the 2nd half, much like we did to West Virginia. I thought Wisconsin looked really quick at positions 1-5 so this will be a great challenge for our guys who rely on our quickness to pressure opponents.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mustangxc » Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:20 pm

We were just as competitive against Texas A&M as they were against Tennessee and we beat Kansas State in the scrimmage so I expect a competitive game. It would be amazing to beat Wisconsin as it would really help our post-season hopes be it NIT or NCAA.
mustangxc

Postby shadowman » Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:25 pm

Looking forward to the game tonight.

I see we are 7.5 underdogs and the analytics say we only have a 22% chance to win.

Hoping we can be close at the end and then steal it. Need to do a much better job on the glass and Phelps needs to retire the three point shot. He needs to stick to driving it to the hole and shooting in the paint. Emory has also turned out to be quite the hothead, he has had 3 official reviews in the last two games for possible flagrant fouls. He needs to control that, especially since he has been excellent on defense and knocking down the three ball.

Go Ponies!
Probaly won't happen...BUT...maybe it will!!
shadowman
Hall of Famer

Postby orguy » Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:37 pm

shadowman wrote:Was surprised to see Darrell Dickey as an assistant coach for West Virginia. He was looking pretty aged, would have never figured he would still be coaching.

Think you meant former TT hoops coach James Dickey.
orguy
All-American

Postby H-E-B Mustang » Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:11 pm

West Virginia played #24 Virginia in a close game, losing only 56-54.
H-E-B Mustang
All-American

Postby tristatecoog » Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:47 pm

Off to a 10-2 lead five minutes in.

Darrell Dickey is a football guy. James is Senior Advisor of men's basketball at West Virginia University. Nine years since being UH coach.
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby GHammond » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:00 pm

Said it last year and the PF faithful sort of slapped me back, but like last year, Williamson is frustrating to watch, and still waiting on the McDonalds All American vibe.
GHammond
Varsity

Postby crazy horse » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:05 pm

Is this a Wisconsin broadcast? My gosh they can't say anything good about the Mustangs.

And what's up with the officials. Call some freakin' fouls!
"Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

New post Rhett Lashlee - College Football's Coach Of The Year
crazy horse
All-American

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:07 pm

GHammond wrote:Said it last year and the PF faithful sort of slapped me back, but like last year, Williamson is frustrating to watch, and still waiting on the McDonalds All American vibe.

Hasn't been the same player since the fracture that has taken his shooting touch away. Meanwhile, nice to see Zhuric hitting shots tonight
Charleston Pony

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:08 pm

crazy horse wrote:Is this a Wisconsin broadcast? My gosh they can't say anything good about the Mustangs.

And what's up with the officials. Call some freakin' fouls!

FOX has a contract with the B1G so they are more familiar with their team
Charleston Pony

Postby crazy horse » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:12 pm

I am a Mustang homer, but the amount of times badger players push off, foul, travel is ridiculous.

And is that a baby duck on that one Badgers head? maybe I need to upgrade to HD TV.
"Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

crazy horse
All-American

Postby EastStang » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:13 pm

Would be nice if they called traveling once in awhile. Their bigs walk every time.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby crazy horse » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:14 pm

FINALLY!!!

crazy horse
All-American

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:28 pm

Good 1st half. Wisconsin likes to play a slobber knocker style pounding it into the paint while our strength is our backcourt quickness and speed on the perimeter. This constant pressure D is what I expected to see from a Rob Lanier team given his history. Fun to watch if/when our guys can knock down shots and right now Phelps and Harris are knocking down shots. Hopefully some other guards will help keep things going in the 2nd half.
Charleston Pony

Postby shadowman » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:36 pm

shadowman wrote:Phelps needs to retire the three point shot. He needs to stick to driving it to the hole and shooting in the paint.

Well, Phelps sure showed me and made me eat my words! Great half. Let’s keep it rolling. Have to figure Wisconsin will shoot better in the second half.
Probaly won't happen...BUT...maybe it will!!
shadowman
Hall of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball